• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Why Do Some People Want Lenses That Hide Their Eyes?

Ventruck

I am Jim Jannard...
More so people who are using the glasses for casual use? I understand in some sports (at least cycling) you're sorta using it to hide how much you're suffering. Could also see the case for blind people or those with eye complications, buy never quite knew the motive to why "regular" people inquire about lenses that will hide their eyes.

Not trying to rub off in a cynical way. Plainly curious.

Besides creeping on strangers in public the iridium coating works wonders on glare and can be like night and day compared to non coated lenses

I think sun glasses you can see through look goofy. I rarely wear lighter tints out and about, mostly just in the car or if I'm doing something specifically requiring glasses in dimmer light.
This too, I wore my holbrook lx with slate iridium and felt kind of silly. Dark grey is fine and you cant really see through them and warm grey is ok for me. But I feel rustpot on this one, the slate really changed my perspective on this topic. Ill still rock em though fsho!!

Well I guess I should've posted anticipating of the peeping aspect. Guilty of that as well. :p

This too, I wore my holbrook lx with slate iridium and felt kind of silly. Dark grey is fine and you cant really see through them and warm grey is ok for me. But I feel rustpot on this one, the slate really changed my perspective on this topic. Ill still rock em though fsho!!

It's an interesting case, aesthetics. Could agree in some combinations, like Jawbones/RJ's with clear. I start thinking someone is wearing swim goggles.

Back