1. Want to see less ads, private areas and be able to post? Register Today to receive all these benefits and more!
Dismiss Notice

Want to see less ads, post content and the ability to buy & sell Oakleys?

Register Today or Login

1. qtrain23

qtrain23 3D Printing Protege

For me, I just wanted some quality shades. I got my first pair and fell in love with how good of quality they feel. I didn't know there were so many when I first bought a pair and have since had a strong desire to get more of the cooler frames. I can't get enough of the lens clarity and the frame quality, even on matter frames.

Shade Station Oakley Sunglasses

Register to Not see this ad
  2. Oakleynerd

Oakleynerd Moderator Staff Member Premium Member

good question - i have no real life :big_boss:

3. Pjam23

Pjam23 Oakley Collector

Just love everything about them, you feel great wearing them, and just started making a habit to want more an d more, my first pair were plasma Juliet's in 99, Ive bought 23 ever since

4. Batwolf

Batwolf Double Team Premium Member

I love Oakley for the products they make and what they represent as a company. They are always raising the bar with everything they make.

5. canhoto

canhoto Oakley Beginner

I buy them because the lenses are perfect. Not to mention that Oakley isn't that famous in my country (Ray Ban and Carrera mentality around here) so I sometimes get some "what sunglasses are those?" types of questions. If I happen to see one person per month (other than me) using Oakleys, I'd consider it odd.

6. ucdavis4PT0gpa

ucdavis4PT0gpa THE BEST IS YET TO COME

To piss off my wife, make my co-workers think I'm seriously deranged (and specifically to make it clear to my boss I DON'T need a raise) and confirm onlookers suspicions when I pull up in my growly exhaust, 1000 watt stereo blasting, orange muscle car with absurd vanity plates that I AM in fact a flashy vain SOB.

So that such be a lesson to all that to never judge a book by its cover as NONE of the above is actually the case.

7. Smurf_AZ

Smurf_AZ Oakley Enthusiast

Something you can collect, look at, admire and know the many trips to hell and back that you went through to locate some of the pieces of your collection. Its a good feeling (maybe not on the bank account) to be able to look at something and see your dedication.... I don't really display mine for show, certain friends know I have some (which I dont collect many). But just something for myself to know!

8. Batwolf

Batwolf Double Team Premium Member

Ahahahaha!

9. Malv1

Malv1 Oakley Collector

I started with Eye Jackets because they were for a long time the only glasses I liked that would fit my head and properly cover my eyes. Then just within the past year or so I have started looking at other styles, the Metals in specific, and I made my first purchase this year and I really like the X metals too. I bought a Ducati XS and a R1 is next on the list with a XX Metal to follow... After that, who knows what the future brings for me from Oakley... :cool:

10. obiwan

obiwan Oakley Beginner

It all started with Jawbones, loved them because I could make franken glasses, change jaws, socks, ears etc. I had an old pair of dogs that I still wear, have had them for 10 years or so, then I stumbled upon this site and started exploring other Oakley styles. When I started looking beyond Jaws and Dogs, there were interesting styles, some of which don't look good on me so, I started buying different ones to try, as I did then there was another and another to get. It's kind of obsessive if you think about it, the hunt, the capture, it is painful on the bank account however.