• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Why Do You Buy/collect Oakleys?

I used to wear prescription glasses for many years of my life and I got into a position in life were I could afford contacts. I bought a couple pairs of Ray Bans back in the 90's as my first quality sunglasses. I thought then I would never need anything else, due to the awesome optics. I also bought some cheap pairs for stylish looks. Then a couple years ago I found on this bargains site I frequent a pair of Oakley Dispatch 2, for a low price. I had been wanting to get a higher end pair and the picture looked good so I pulled the trigger. When I got them I was amazed by the optics and really liked the styling. I decided to look more into Oakley and in doing so I found this forum and from there it was all over. I saw things I liked and found the Oakley vault site and I began to buy repeatedly. I'm a collector by nature so the opportunity was there. Now I am addicted.

I used to wear prescription glasses for many years of my life and I got into a position in life were I could afford contacts. I bought a couple pairs of Ray Bans back in the 90's as my first quality sunglasses. I thought then I would never need anything else, due to the awesome optics. I also bought some cheap pairs for stylish looks. Then a couple years ago I found on this bargains site I frequent a pair of Oakley Dispatch 2, for a low price. I had been wanting to get a higher end pair and the picture looked good so I pulled the trigger. When I got them I was amazed by the optics and really liked the styling. I decided to look more into Oakley and in doing so I found this forum and from there it was all over. I saw things I liked and found the Oakley vault site and I began to buy repeatedly. I'm a collector by nature so the opportunity was there. Now I am addicted.
And fortunately now you can relive the halcyon moment of your first purchase, by buying the Dispatch 2 Fonseca Edition that I have for sale in the Exchange section.

when I was 13 I got my first regular job; umpiring. I worked a lot that summer and wanted to buy myself something nice. I had frankensteined some razorblades already; real lens and earpieces but the crossbar was a fake. I went to the sgh and fell in love with crystal red mumbos with a positive red sweep lens. I took great care of them and ever pair I'd purchase over the next few ears...then college...then a real job...then all of the sudden 40 pair. I don't have anything rare like most on this forum, but truly enjoy what I do have.

I came for the style and function, but I stay for the XYZ optics.

That's a winner right there, Flyer.

I came for all those reasons including the optics from my first pair of M-frame hammers cause I played baseball and softball and Goddamn if Jose Canseco wasn't the coolest SOB wearing them in that poster that was everywhere!

I stay because of @OakleyFrankFMJ . Simply because I want to see what he's going to do next. :cool-20:

That's a winner right there, Flyer.

I came for all those reasons including the optics from my first pair of M-frame hammers cause I played baseball and softball and Goddamn if Jose Canseco wasn't the coolest SOB wearing them in that poster that was everywhere!

I stay because of @OakleyFrankFMJ . Simply because I want to see what he's going to do next. :cool-20:

Because I look damn good in them, and I can stare at girls thanks to iridium coating.

In a more serious tone, vision is our first and foremost sense and having a variety of lenses to look through on different days is actually life-enriching.

I think its more important to have a wide range of lens options than a wide range of frames... which is why I have 5 Batwolfs by now and I'm tempted to get another for a Sapphire Iridium lens... oh curse it

Back