• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Why lanyards?

kronin323

Font of Useless Knowledge
Austin, TX
I've been wondering - I see a lot of lanyards sold at the stores, in collections, and being worn on the WOAYWT thread. I don't understand; what's the appeal? Not for Oakley lanyards specifically but lanyards in general.

I'm not trying to knock anybody here, just genuinely curious.

Is it that you have an actual use for lanyards regularly or is it just a fashion statement, the new tie? What do you hang from yours when you wear it?

Personally the only time I've worn lanyards is at trade shows. Day-to-day, my work badge goes on one of those retractable doohickeys attached to a belt loop.

Thanks in advance for any light you can shed to dispel my ignorance... :drinks:

I've been wondering - I see a lot of lanyards sold at the stores, in collections, and being worn on the WOAYWT thread. I don't understand; what's the appeal? Not for Oakley lanyards specifically but lanyards in general.

Is it that you have an actual use for lanyards regularly or is it just a fashion statement, the new tie? What do you hang from yours when you wear it?

Personally the only time I've worn lanyards is at trade shows. Day-to-day, my work badge goes on one of those retractable doohickeys attached to a belt loop.

I personally don't use them....though I have purchased quite a number of the Oakley lanyards over the years.

I know a bunch of people who hang their keys from them....their work IDs.....and maybe another thing or two.

In the Oakley world of employees I have seen many many employees hanging keys to the display cases on their neck with the lanyards....and also pricing sheets.

It holds my keys ... Have been using lanyards since I was 18 ... Always red too ... Part superstition/part OCD/part habit

I wear mine for my id, I use it at the fire department, It holds my id and is easy access for entrance into hospitals and such.

I keep the keys for my cases on lanyards. I use them some times for my car keys too. Not very often as I tend to use a carabiner. I have many different colors and do not like to use the same thing frequently. I like change.

Can't stand lanyards. Hazardous when used around the neck, foolish when dangled from a pocket.

The few I own were given to me at trade shows or conferences or whatever. I would NEVER use one as part of a daily activity that wasn't in a controlled environment.

The only one I use with any regularity has a safety release and is used to carry a knife around my neck and inside my shirt. But it's for certain circumstances where other carry options aren't available.

Latest Posts

Back