• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Why many of the Exchange sellers prefer CONUS only?

I've had high ticket ($1000+) items from the US, Canada, Japan and wherever in Asia @freakface is and not had a problem with any of them. Customs fees are a pain but I take them on the chin as a buyer (mostly), although we sometimes agree to declare lower - I know the ramifications of that and see the impact as being on me.

Some higher value (non-Oakley) watches I've travelled to collect, in part due to the value but also the scarcity of some movements and not being willing to risk the integrity of it to a postal service!

The only problem I recall ever having was with eBay's Global Shipping Programme, which is unnecessarily convoluted and doesn't use best in breed in several parts of the chain. That resulted in a lost (read stolen) pair of BNIB IH Juliets and a successful claim against eBay. I've used the GSP a couple of times since but only when the seller wouldn't budge.

Yes, quite honestly. Not only that, but higher risk involved.

No risk if you confirm that there's insured shipping and liability of buyer/seller is spelt out clearly. I haven't charged extra to buyers outside Japan in any of my sales... Strikes me as a rather insular view. But as as been pointed out, the Oakley US market is massive so you don't need us, and can treat us badly to boot!

No risk if you confirm that there's insured shipping and liability of buyer/seller is spelt out clearly. I haven't charged extra to buyers outside Japan in any of my sales... Strikes me as a rather insular view. But as as been pointed out, the Oakley US market is massive so you don't need us, and can treat us badly to boot!
I'll be sure not to sell to you so you don't have to worry about my insular view.

Last edited:
Curious:

Is it more expensive to ship to Alaska and Hawaii? Does it just take too long to ship to these non CONUS states?

PS You did sell to me and all wen smoothly with mutually positive feedback:
http://www.oakleyforum.com/threads/black-flak-jacket-w-bi-xlj-non-xlj-lenses-will-separate.38244/
Can I get a refund on the surcharge for being outside CONUS ;-)
And I said that I have sold overseas and it went smoothly. Also sold a pair of Juliets to the Phillipines. Doesn't mean I'm going to do it every time, and doesn't mean I'm going to sell for same price as in the US to someone outside the US. In your case, you had a history here and were a Premium member, so I felt more comfortable selling. Though I do recall being a bit hesitant because once packages leave the US, there's no tracking on my end and no way for me to verify delivery if there was an issue or a nefarious buyer decided to file a claim despite receiving the item.

And I said that I have sold overseas and it went smoothly. Also sold a pair of Juliets to the Phillipines. Doesn't mean I'm going to do it every time, and doesn't mean I'm going to sell for same price as in the US to someone outside the US. In your case, you had a history here and were a Premium member, so I felt more comfortable selling. Though I do recall being a bit hesitant because once packages leave the US, there's no tracking on my end and no way for me to verify delivery if there was an issue or a nefarious buyer decided to file a claim despite receiving the item.
Priority express tracks all the way. Priority does not. Hope that helps

Back