• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Why many of the Exchange sellers prefer CONUS only?

Curious:

Is it more expensive to ship to Alaska and Hawaii? Does it just take too long to ship to these non CONUS states?
A few pennies more expensive, and like anything, can take longer sometimes or can take shorter. I've had packages come from California that took 4 days, and others that took 2. Just depends on how you hit the routes I guess. Most people I've seen use the term "CONUS", which is why I use it, but I'd have no hesitancy to sell to Alaska or Hawaii.

And I said that I have sold overseas and it went smoothly. Also sold a pair of Juliets to the Phillipines. Doesn't mean I'm going to do it every time, and doesn't mean I'm going to sell for same price as in the US to someone outside the US. In your case, you had a history here and were a Premium member, so I felt more comfortable selling. Though I do recall being a bit hesitant because once packages leave the US, there's no tracking on my end and no way for me to verify delivery if there was an issue or a nefarious buyer decided to file a claim despite receiving the item.

Fair enough. I understand your perspective (though not the idea of charging extra to non-CONUS). Where we agree is that the main thing is assessing the reliability of the buyer and trade history really helps. As does the tone and level of detail of pre-deal PM discussion and negotiation.

Yeah, I actually discussed that with Saul on our deal and he chose to go with the cheaper method of shipping.
I accepted the risk my decision carried. Had the item been lost, I wouldn't have made any claim to you. I guess the point (as mentioned many times) is to spell out the risks and respective liability clearly. Still using that Flak frame by the way :)

The thing is a lot of international transactions Noone wants to pay for the extra shipping cost. Also you have to go and stay in line and someone has to assist. No slapping a self service postage on it and dropping it off

I recently created a USPS account to create my own labels. I've used the online account to create Overseas labels for EMS as well with no issues. So the "waiting in line" part is no longer a problem now for international shipments as far as I know.

Granted I've only shipped to Singapore, but I have to assume that other international shipping methods are available to create online as well no?

I recently created a USPS account to create my own labels. I've used the online account to create Overseas labels for EMS as well with no issues. So the "waiting in line" part is no longer a problem now for international shipments as far as I know.

Granted I've only shipped to Singapore, but I have to assume that other international shipping methods are available to create online as well no?
Hooray! No more 'lables labels labels, waiting in line' type excuses!

Latest Posts

Back