• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Why many of the Exchange sellers prefer CONUS only?

I know....

"Conus only unless it's @saulsaul" should be the statement in the for sale threads. ;)

That would drive all the other outside the US buyers a little batty. ;)

well, this brings up another issue, I personally have not purchased from Saulsaul but, have purchased from Japan, & all around the world. but the problem is knowing which country where reliable shipping is available. I am from the Philippines and have not purchased anything unless I was there in person, and have sold but remember it being a hassle that cost me $25

late to the discussion but i wanna throw a few things in the bucket...

Payment gets funky from overseas buyers who do not have Paypal. And as already mentioned, Seller is mis-labeled as a terrible person because it takes forever for item to get there. After all most collectors WANT IT NOW!!!! right?
Most buyers know that it can take a while for stuff to go internationally. I feel like there have been maybe a couple who haven't been so reasonable and that has somehow translated to "I only sell to the US because international is such a hassle". But it doesn't need to be.

I've had stuff that @saulsaul posted on Monday in Tokyo reach me in the UK on Weds. Crazy fast.

The old adage of buying the seller works in the other direction too, buy the buyer, find one experienced in international transactions and everything should go smoothly.

Most buyers know that it can take a while for stuff to go internationally. I feel like there have been maybe a couple who haven't been so reasonable and that has somehow translated to "I only sell to the US because international is such a hassle". But it doesn't need to be.

I've had stuff that @saulsaul posted on Monday in Tokyo reach me in the UK on Weds. Crazy fast.

The old adage of buying the seller works in the other direction too, buy the buyer, find one experienced in international transactions and everything should go smoothly.

i agree BUT when a seller places an ad, it becomes an announcement to the general populous. I agree with relational use though I personally list items conus but will gladly sell internationally via PM to certain members and have done so successfully in the past.

For me it is time. I really don't have time to go to the post office and wait in line. My post office always has a line and is very slow.
Plus I have sent to other countries and out of the last 5 times i have done it 3 of them have had issues another took 2 months to get there and one I lost money on.
I have no idea why I have had so many problems it could be the post office I take it too. I have never had a problem within the US.

I need to be able to print postage online and give it to my mail man or drop it in the bin at my PO.

USA is a huge market and many guys want to work locally in the fear of being scammed or whatever (something which has no meaning to me since u can be scammed everywhere).Anyways everyone has the right to believe and act as he likes in open and free trade terms.Unfortunately most of the UK guys and ebay listings are also UK only which is very hard to understand since they can dispatch at least in other EU countries
I totally agree with you on this one, I'm UK based Liverpool to be exact and it baffles me that some UK sellers will only send within the UK, the one and only time I've been stung on ebay was by someone in Scotland, now everything goes tracked and signed and if you ain't willing to pay for it then walk on :)

Through my years of being in this forum, I've shipped to a few diff countries. Australia, Philippines, indonesia, and UK. Never had a problem. It just depends, it could either be a hit or miss for lost items.

I guess it should be between buyer and seller

except for having to charge more for the insurance and shipping its a loss on the cost to sell.

i shipped something to china that never made it. hmm...

so.. no more other then conus. i have seen others say.. you pay extra and i am not responsible for it getting lost.

Latest Posts

Back