1. Want to see less ads, private areas and be able to post? Register Today to receive all these benefits and more!
Dismiss Notice

Want to see less ads, post content and the ability to buy & sell Oakleys?

Register Today or Login

1. spotdog14

spotdog14 Oakley Beginner

My wife got me a pair for my birthday in March and I love them, I have also come to really appreciate the half frame too since I run a lot it allows me a much greater range of view in front of me.

Just wondering why they are treated like second class citizens in the X Metal family?

Shade Station Oakley Sunglasses

Register to Not see this ad
  2. Dyeraudio

Dyeraudio Juliet Enthusiast

Remind me of bulky Half Wire 2.0's....There is alot going on in the hinge area....

3. SpliceD

SpliceD B-)

Romeo 2.0 were bastard children too. That is until the X-Metal discontinuation started and now more people want them and the asking prices have jumped.

Aren't the Half X a bit heavy for running? I wear my flaks for running duty.

4. crusader

crusader Oakley Beginner

In the first place i think they should not be name as Romeo2 and Half-X sound much better.

5. BriP

BriP X-Metalhead

haha this was an old discussion. lots
    of reasons. At least the romeo 2 has a flex coupler. the hlaf x had no design characters that identify it as xmetal
    except the material
    used. the romeo2 was mainly
    looked down upon as it didnt live up to the innovation of the romeo1 name. but its one o those that grows on you.. and damn its comfy. would have been the perfect half-X or Juliet 2.0. what is done is done i guess haha!

6. spotdog14

spotdog14 Oakley Beginner

Not really, I wear prescription glasses so I am use to having weight in that area and the Half-X's really aren't that heavy. Besides the fit is so great that I would take the extra weight then have to constantly push them up.

7. bbell6

bbell6 Oakley Beginner

I like everything about them except the lens shape. I'd like to see lenses shaped more like the Juliet.

8. amp

amp Oakley Beginner

Surprised there's some Half X's in store right now... thought they were discontinued! But seeing them carefully, they look great. They may be the least looked at but their X-Metals damn it, they look amazing. I'd have them also... if I could. :D

9. scohnson

scohnson Oakley Beginner

the vault near me just got some more half x , polished/vr28...heavily discounted, had to scoop some

10. qtrain23

qtrain23 3D Printing Protege

How much?