• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Why No Love For Half-X?

spotdog14

Oakley Beginner
Haslett, MI
My wife got me a pair for my birthday in March and I love them, I have also come to really appreciate the half frame too since I run a lot it allows me a much greater range of view in front of me.

Just wondering why they are treated like second class citizens in the X Metal family?

Remind me of bulky Half Wire 2.0's....There is alot going on in the hinge area....

Romeo 2.0 were bastard children too. That is until the X-Metal discontinuation started and now more people want them and the asking prices have jumped.

Aren't the Half X a bit heavy for running? I wear my flaks for running duty.

haha this was an old discussion. lots
of reasons. At least the romeo 2 has a flex coupler. the hlaf x had no design characters that identify it as xmetal
except the material
used. the romeo2 was mainly
looked down upon as it didnt live up to the innovation of the romeo1 name. but its one o those that grows on you.. and damn its comfy. would have been the perfect half-X or Juliet 2.0. what is done is done i guess haha!

Romeo 2.0 were bastard children too. That is until the X-Metal discontinuation started and now more people want them and the asking prices have jumped.

Aren't the Half X a bit heavy for running? I wear my flaks for running duty.

Not really, I wear prescription glasses so I am use to having weight in that area and the Half-X's really aren't that heavy. Besides the fit is so great that I would take the extra weight then have to constantly push them up.

Surprised there's some Half X's in store right now... thought they were discontinued! But seeing them carefully, they look great. They may be the least looked at but their X-Metals damn it, they look amazing. I'd have them also... if I could. :D

the vault near me just got some more half x , polished/vr28...heavily discounted, had to scoop some

Back