• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Why no love for Titanium Juliet's

Great looking glasses. It is tricky getting a pair of the titanium or plasma colorways. There does seem to be a lot of variation in the colors. I've seen 3 plasma/fire Juliets side by side where the frames and lenses looked like totally different colors on all 3.

Don't forget these pics were taken indoors in a certain 'light'. Outdoors they probably look different again. I've had then next to my plasma juliets (3rd gen. B's), and the Ti is darker but not by a long way.

Four Ti 1st gen frames. I think they are the best finish ever. A cross between the bone plasma and x metal. Top most has fire and 2nd from the top has dark bronze lens. The bottom two have the gold iridium lens.

image.jpg

I have one in the countertop, ready to access, but it rarely finds its way onto my face for some reason. Another tucked away with titanium iridium lenses that I rarely wear either. I like them, but.... Maybe it's too quiet for its own good.

BTW I couldn't see these pics until I got home; the work network blocks hosting sites vs. pics directly uploaded, but I've seen them now.

Thanks for posting, that was quite interesting, an exception to the rule. Super different from my 1st gen Ti Juliet, and the serial's not real high either...

Could someone have tried to refinish them, at least strip off the coating that was used for 1st gen? Do you know their history?

BTW I couldn't see these pics until I got home; the work network blocks hosting sites vs. pics directly uploaded, but I've seen them now.

Thanks for posting, that was quite interesting, an exception to the rule. Super different from my 1st gen Ti Juliet, and the serial's not real high either...

Could someone have tried to refinish them, at least strip off the coating that was used for 1st gen? Do you know their history?
I have seen this frame and it is a definite exception to the rule. The Ti coating is fully intact (2nd gen) and the frame bears all the hallmarks of a later frame - no pits, casting marks etc to indicate a worn/stripped first gen. The frame is super smooth and in as good a condition as I've seen. It must have caught the crossover point with serials or was an error on lasering but it is definitely original.

Hi Kronin. Not a refinish pair this one, it's a second gen frame and original finish.
As for history, the frame was an eBay purchase from a non collector. User history, pricing and description shows this.
Bit of a Unicorn possibly this one.

Back