• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Why No Respect For X-squared Or Half X?

LMAO I love Batwolfs description of the R2.. 83falcon I just got my first pair of X-Squared today and my initial thought is I really like them but I am a big guy with a big head. These are a pair of big framed glasses and I don't think they would fit well on any person with a small build. I bought mine mostly for collecting but depending on how I feel about the lenses in the 2nd pair ordered turn out I may actually change from my Juliets to the XS.

Here's a picture of my son, with a normal sized head, wearing the XS..

E921A46F-0841-476F-A530-6AFAE25D1B31-3047-000001D6473EC332_zps0d51ab95.jpg

Still no... I think XS may fit Asian faces better.

Still no... I think XS may fit Asian faces better.
That's an interesting point because with the shorter ear stems, it made me wonder how the fit would be on non-Asian faces.

I myself am Asian but I have a rather large nose so I wear non-Asian frames. The XS ear stems sit much closer to the front of my face than the other X-Metals.

I don't see a problem with the ear stems but I do see a problem with the width of the glasses. To me they look way too big for anyone with a normal sized head, like my son. 83falcon the green lenses look cool but they are terrible to look through. They give everything a blue/pink hugh. I had them on for less than a minute and when I tool them off I had a headache. I think the are VL lenses. I am hoping to get a set of OEM lenses off the classifieds here. It won't have as cool of a look as the green lenses but at least I will be able to use them.

I don't see a problem with the ear stems but I do see a problem with the width of the glasses. To me they look way too big for anyone with a normal sized head, like my son. 83falcon the green lenses look cool but they are terrible to look through. They give everything a blue/pink hugh. I had them on for less than a minute and when I tool them off I had a headache. I think the are VL lenses. I am hoping to get a set of OEM lenses off the classifieds here. It won't have as cool of a look as the green lenses but at least I will be able to use them.
You could try to find some OEM Emerald Iridium lenses for them. A far more muted green than that but at least their OEM. Or you can try to find a compatible Jade Iridium lens and have someone here custom cut them for you.

The guy I got them from said they were OEM but I don't see it, literally. They feel thin and I have never had issues looking through OEM lenses but I have had trouble with VL. So Oakley made Emerald Iridium for the x squared?

The guy I got them from said they were OEM but I don't see it, literally. They feel thin and I have never had issues looking through OEM lenses but I have had trouble with VL. So Oakley made Emerald Iridium for the x squared?
If the ones you have are OEM, they must be custom chopped as Oakley never made lenses for the XS in that shade of green. They might be custom cut Jade Iridium lenses.

The fact that they make everything you see look blue/pink doesn't make sense for Jade Iridium though. I'm not positive but isn't Jade Iridium a gray based lens? I'm sure someone here with more knowledge about lenses can answer.

But yes, I do remember seeing the Emerald Iridium option for the XS on Oakley.com. Not sure if they've sold out though.

Jade definitely doesn't look blue/green through it. It has a slight rose tint to it which increases contrast slightly.

Here is a picture looking through the lenses. You can see how pink they are when looking through them.

CC609F5D-9B83-41F3-A921-49EDE77E2136-3488-000002737AE5FEDF_zps0dccb4f8.jpg

Latest Posts

Back