1. Want to see less ads, private areas and be able to post? Register Today to receive all these benefits and more!
Dismiss Notice

Want to see less ads, post content and the ability to buy & sell Oakleys?

Register Today or Login

1. EyeJacket

EyeJacket Oakley Enthusiast

Have you notice the Thinlink unobtanium and the Catalyst one at the earsocks feels different from other models? Less sticky rubber or something... Or is it just my imagination?

Shade Station Oakley Sunglasses

Register to Not see this ad
  2. Rusty M

Rusty M Moderator Staff Member Premium Member

Well the thinlink will feel different because it does not have any type of rubber on it.......

The Game likes this.
  3. sbanzer123

sbanzer123 Oakley Enthusiast

I just got the Ferrari catalyst and I'll tell you what for 190$ list they are almost as cheap feeling as the silver F. Oops did I just say that? Hope I didn't offend anybody.

4. Oakleynerd

Oakleynerd Moderator Staff Member Premium Member

@sbanzer123 :ban:

just kidding . . . everything is okay.

200 bucks is a bit rough for this pair IMO!

5. Saintz

Saintz Oakley Beginner

My Bottle Rockets, which are sort of a hybrid between a lifestyle frame and a sport frame, seem to have a different feeling unobtanium vs Fast Jackets, Half Jackets, etc. It does almost feel less sticky and more firm than the true sport models. The Thinlink is really similar to the Bottle Rocket, combination sport/lifestyle half frame design. Perhaps they use a less sticky rubber thinking they won't be used for sports and it won't pull you hair as much when removing them.