• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Why is Oakley discontinuing wire frame sunglasses?

I have heard Holbrooks have been on the outs since 2014 and yet still see new versions coming out. I'll believe it when I see it honestly.

Am an o store employee just got a new style of wire dropped on the first of the month and pretty sure they are not discontinuing holbrooks still have all ocp parts and get new ship of holbrooks almost every time eyewear ship comes in.

They have decided to keep the Holbrook but still getting rid of wires at the end of the year/beginning of next and also women's eyewear are going replacing it with unisex styles ....work in a vault store

They have decided to keep the Holbrook but still getting rid of wires at the end of the year/beginning of next and also women's eyewear are going replacing it with unisex styles ....work in a vault store
Would hate to see them go away from women's frames, I feel we don't cater to women enough already as a brand

I honestly don't like Holbrooks. They are generic and don't stand out. Oakley has lost its edge for many reasons which is probably why we have this forum trading Oakley past stock. A lot of the discontinued models are the best Oakley has ever made. Pretty sad.

Unfortunatelly we are living in F***ed design era.....Its not Oakleys fault...honestly look at Cellphones and all electronics how it looks.....
everything has to be soooo clean like design of an apple product that has no character ....all main companies in the world are describing their design as: ''Pure,clean,timeles...''call
it what ever...to me it all looks same sh*t,its like buying VW golf(no offence anyone its a good car :) but honestly it says nothing about driver,super mediocre design can be driven by business men or cleaner at KFC everyone is potencial customer..... Actually it would be miracle if Oakley would still produce some kickass designs in this era of Iphones(cca 2008-today)....
but sure things will turn around soon and this brainwashed mediocre design will be soon replace with some products with attitude that are much more exciting :)
I am positive...

The one thing that gets on my nerves about Oakley is that they come up with some kickass designs and launch 12 duds. It is a cruel tease.

Sent from Q's Note5

Unfortunatelly we are living in F***ed design era.....Its not Oakleys fault...honestly look at Cellphones and all electronics how it looks.....
everything has to be soooo clean like design of an apple product that has no character ....all main companies in the world are describing their design as: ''Pure,clean,timeles...''call
it what ever...to me it all looks same sh*t,its like buying VW golf(no offence anyone its a good car :) but honestly it says nothing about driver,super mediocre design can be driven by business men or cleaner at KFC everyone is potencial customer..... Actually it would be miracle if Oakley would still produce some kickass designs in this era of Iphones(cca 2008-today)....
but sure things will turn around soon and this brainwashed mediocre design will be soon replace with some products with attitude that are much more exciting :)
I am positive...

Yes! finally someone gets it! this era will be over, we just don't know when, but it will be.

Back