• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Wild Goose Chase...

So I'm looking at Craigslist and I see a pair of "Juliet's" for sale. Right away, I see the hammer stems, and larger orbitals. So he has XX and doesn't know.
http://seattle.craigslist.org/kit/for/3888287876.html
Cool. I hit him up and get a second picture. We have a few messages negotiating price and I get him down to $100 plus a pair of Razrwires.

The pictures are terrible and so I'll have to take a chance and make the 60 mile drive.
So we meet up and he hands me the glasses. The tips of the earstems touch. The flex couplers are so loose that I was afraid that the orbitals were going to fall off. They flexed so much that the tips of the earstems go from touching, to almost 10" apart. The lenses were toast. not just scratched, but gouged. I was pretty shocked, as he had said they were in like new condition.
So needless to say, we didn't have a deal. He wasn't willing to budge on the price. He was trying to explain that they are supposed to flex like that. Unfortunately I didn't have a pair of X-Metals on. I was wearing a pair f straight jackets.
60 miles back home to end the evenings journey.

I like when they think they have someone who doesn't have a clue. "they are supposed to touch like that"......yeah....AFTER YOU DESTROYED THEM.
That sucks.

That a burn man, I just got a pair of Ducati Juliets of the bay and the flex was the worst I'd ever seen and the rubbers were shot to hell, and like yours the guy said they were in great condition.
I feel your pain.

$100 plus a pair razorwires is cheap. You shld've bought them and have the xman do a TiO2 conversion. Was it a Juliet or XX?

Shame.... We're they serialed? Should've grabbed them. X Man would've made them brand new again......

Well I got him to ship overnight with confirmation.....for $200..... But payment only by Western Union so I'm out. Damn.......

Latest Posts

Back