• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Will Madman/Badman have the staying power of X Metal?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I had the standard fit non-AF pair so it may be different. If I remember correctly the early batches of standard fit had eye/nose dimensions printed on the nose bridge whereas the newer batches have blank nose bridges and have the dimensions printed on the arm instead.

NO!

Looked at them the other day and the paint was flaking off them around the hinges and they were new. Also they felt really flimsy.

NO!

Looked at them the other day and the paint was flaking off them around the hinges and they were new. Also they felt really flimsy.

My badman's had damage to the carbon finish within a week.
I don't know if it would ever have gone any further as it was just caused by the folding of the hinges but either way not what you'd expect for the original RRP.

They are now £190/$285 online which is probably a more accurate price for what you are getting for the money

When the price bottoms out and Oakley has discontinued them, pick them up and send them to the Dr. for customs and a more durable finish.

I think the Madman and the Badman will have a different fan base especially if these models are what got them started with Oakley. Much like how the X-Metals got most of us started when they came out. Although the processes and materials used contribute to how bad ass the original X-Metals are and why they are sooo loved... it is always the nostalgia and what memories these things give you that play a big factor in a collectibles staying power!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back