1. Want to see less ads, private areas and be able to post? Register Today to receive all these benefits and more!
Dismiss Notice

Want to see less ads, post content and the ability to buy & sell Oakleys?

Register Today or Login

1. Thomas Adamo

Thomas Adamo Oakley Beginner

Was at the Oakley store today picking up a wind gasket for my new Split Jackets. While perusing the store I noticed a pair of sunglasses with the wind gasket installed. I picked it up and was surprised to see that they were the Racing Jacket glasses with the gasket in place. It's not all that surprising as the RJ isn't that much different from the Split/Wind Jacket galsses. While it doesn't fit quite as nicely as it does on the SJ, it is a workable solution for my motorcycling friends out there that are looking for a pair of glasses to ride with.

Shade Station Oakley Sunglasses

Register to Not see this ad
  2. Rustpot

Rustpot M Frame Lover Premium Member

When they revised from the jawbone to the racing jacket they made it compatible with the gasket.

3. Mikey

Mikey Oakley Enthusiast

So you mean the same wind jacket gasket fitted on the RJ? I have both but I didn't think the gasket fit.

4. Thomas Adamo

Thomas Adamo Oakley Beginner

Yes, it fits. It leaves ever so minor gaps in a couple spots that I wouldn't hesitate to wear a pair of RJ's with the wind gasket on the bike. In all likelihood if, like me, you ride with your faceshiled open the slight wind pressure on the glasses would probably seal off any exisiting gaps. I'm really glad I saw that today as I plan to purchase another pair of Oakley's and the RJ's expand the available options.

5. Mikey

Mikey Oakley Enthusiast

Cool.... I'll have to revisit that on mine.

6. i am rich

i am rich The Silly Collector!

This have been discussed already but I can't find it. What are the differences between Split Jacket, Wind Jacket, Racing Jacket and Jawbone? (Splitbone, Jaw Jacket damn it am confused now lol)

7. o8b

o8b Oakley Beginner

Jawbone = Discontinued due to lawsuit. Jawbones came with the option of unvented lenses, unlike Racing Jackets.

Racing Jacket = Jawbone with replaceable icons & holes at the back of each earstem for the Wind Jacket kit. Jawbone lenses fit Racing Jackets.

Split Jacket = Jawbone-like with less aggressive styling and slightly smaller lenses.

Wind Jacket = Split Jacket with Wind Jacket kit.

Last edited: 8/19/13
  8. i am rich

i am rich The Silly Collector!

Th

Lastly, and the gasket fits what? Thanks.

9. Mikey

Mikey Oakley Enthusiast

The gasket set fits the split jacket frame perfectly. It will work on the racing jacket too, although it isn't an exact match it does fit.