• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Wind Jackets Now Available To Purchase

music_man185

Oakley Beginner
just noticed wind jackets are now available to order. ships in 3-4 weeks. i'm not interested in these myself (since i dont ride a motorcycle or have any use for the wind gasket), but i think the concept is good

I just got a couple of these in my store. I have the ghost text and the Ducati edition. They are both pretty wicked. The fit is amazing and I feel like they would be great when I'm riding the ducati. If any one wants pictures i can make that happen.

Here are a few different pictures. They actually are a split jacket with the accessory gasket. The insert is actually incredibly easy to pull off and put on.

img0971r.jpg

img0978eh.jpg

hope these help a little

How about the straps? Do those come off too?

I like the Ducati colorway. Are those only being sold in stores? I don't see it on the Oakley.com website.

slvrdragn69 said:
Here are a few different pictures. They actually are a split jacket with the accessory gasket. The insert is actually incredibly easy to pull off and put on.

img0971r.jpg

img0978eh.jpg

hope these help a little

So you can actually take the gasket off & use them as standard split jacket or refit the gasket & use them as wind jackets?
Love the look of the Ducati's, does it have the usual etching on the lens?

SpliceD said:
How about the straps? Do those come off too?

I like the Ducati colorway. Are those only being sold in stores? I don't see it on the Oakley.com website.

The strap does remove very easily as well. I forgot to add it to the picture. The Ducati edition is not available as of yet because it is technically not made yet. They are due to be released very soon I think though. They retail for $250 instead of $220.

Oakley_Sight said:
So you can actually take the gasket off & use them as standard split jacket or refit the gasket & use them as wind jackets?
Love the look of the Ducati's, does it have the usual etching on the lens?

You can remove the Gasket incredibly easily. It literally took me about 10 seconds to take it off and get it back on. So you can own a split jacket already and switch the gasket out or even just on a regular day wear the glass as a spit jacket. The Ducati does have the etching in the lower part of the lens as usual. Its a very clean looking glass.

I'm tempted to get the ghost text ones because they dont have the ghost text jaw for customization. As for the inserts I can use them if I'm flying with the window open or an open cockpit plane :)

Back