1. Want to see less ads, private areas and be able to post? Register Today to receive all these benefits and more!
Dismiss Notice

Want to see less ads, post content and the ability to buy & sell Oakleys?

Register Today or Login

1. music_man185

music_man185 Oakley Beginner

just noticed wind jackets are now available to order. ships in 3-4 weeks. i'm not interested in these myself (since i dont ride a motorcycle or have any use for the wind gasket), but i think the concept is good

Shade Station Oakley Sunglasses

Register to Not see this ad
  2. slvrdragn69

slvrdragn69 Oakley Enthusiast

I just got a couple of these in my store. I have the ghost text and the Ducati edition. They are both pretty wicked. The fit is amazing and I feel like they would be great when I'm riding the ducati. If any one wants pictures i can make that happen.

3. SpliceD

SpliceD B-)

I'm interested in seeing some different angles of it. Do all the parts come off and basically turn them into a split jacket?

4. slvrdragn69

Here are a few different pictures. They actually are a split jacket with the accessory gasket. The insert is actually incredibly easy to pull off and put on.

Wind Jackets Now Available To Purchase - img0971r.jpg

Wind Jackets Now Available To Purchase - img0978eh.jpg

hope these help a little

5. SpliceD

SpliceD B-)

How about the straps? Do those come off too?

I like the Ducati colorway. Are those only being sold in stores? I don't see it on the Oakley.com website.

6. Oakley_Sight

Oakley_Sight Gotta love a good DOG

So you can actually take the gasket off & use them as standard split jacket or refit the gasket & use them as wind jackets?
    Love the look of the Ducati's, does it have the usual etching on the lens?

7. slvrdragn69

The strap does remove very easily as well. I forgot to add it to the picture. The Ducati edition is not available as of yet because it is technically not made yet. They are due to be released very soon I think though. They retail for $250 instead of $220.

8. slvrdragn69

You can remove the Gasket incredibly easily. It literally took me about 10 seconds to take it off and get it back on. So you can own a split jacket already and switch the gasket out or even just on a regular day wear the glass as a spit jacket. The Ducati does have the etching in the lower part of the lens as usual. Its a very clean looking glass.

9. Kaduku

Kaduku Oakley Beginner

I'm tempted to get the ghost text ones because they dont have the ghost text jaw for customization. As for the inserts I can use them if I'm flying with the window open or an open cockpit plane :)

10. doowutchyalike

doowutchyalike Oakley Enthusiast

Can you order just the gasket? If so can you send me a pm with the Oakley SKU. Thanks