1. Want to see less ads, private areas and be able to post? Register Today to receive all these benefits and more!
Dismiss Notice

Want to see less ads, post content and the ability to buy & sell Oakleys?

Register Today or Login

1. reswob

reswob Oakley Beginner

Looking to buy a pair of wire frames, and I need you guys' help! I've pretty much narrowed it down to the Splinter or C-wire. Since the local stores don't have either one, I need some fit info and pics from people who have either frame. By the latest Oakley standards, I have a "small" head, I wear Bottlecaps, Twentys (old version) and Flak's. Would either of the pairs I'm looking fit me? Thanks everyone!

Shade Station Oakley Sunglasses

Register to Not see this ad
  2. OpinionatedOakley

OpinionatedOakley Oakley Beginner

They are too big for your head.

3. OakleyJared

OakleyJared Oakley Enthusiast

I feel C-wire has a slightly smaller fit since the lens size is not as wide as the Splinter. I like the hinge better on the C-wire as well since it is not a true Spring Hinge. It has the mono shock titanium bar that gives the frame some give.

4. Rustpot

Rustpot M Frame Lover Premium Member

Square Wire is a more medium fit, and you can get some crazy deals on them right now. Might want to give those a look if you haven't already.

5. OakleyJared

OakleyJared Oakley Enthusiast

But with square wire beware they were discontinued for a hinge issue. Which is why you are seeing those crazy deals.

6. Rustpot

Rustpot M Frame Lover Premium Member

Not aware of that, thanks for the heads up!