• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Wiretap Lenses Fit In Flak Jacket / Half Jacket Frames

discodave

Go Navy!
I was noticing the similar shape of the lenses on the flaks and the wiretaps and decided to see if the lenses are interchangeable.

The Wiretap lenses do fit in the Flak and Half Jacket Frames. Later on today I'll see if the flak lenses fit into the wiretap frames. That should open up lots of new lens possibilities for the Wiretaps if it works.

Here are the wiretap lenses in my half jacket 2.0s

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1403889788.935781.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1403889798.652175.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1403889807.486063.jpg

View attachment 118078

View attachment 118079

That's interesting that the lenses don't touch your lashes in certain frames. Good to know though. Thanks for sharing!

The reason I said that is because lots of people don't buy certain frames because of their eyelashes constantly touching the lenses. It's uncomfortable.

I have the same issue with the Gascan. The 3D Frames, for some odd reason, touch my eyelashes, even when the lenses are swapped out. I've learned to deal with it on my Tron's and TF's, but it does get a little annoying. However, I never had this problem on the original Gascan. I'm not sure if the curvature is different, but it is odd. They seem and feel the exact same.

If I wear my 6 different Fuel Cell's the exact same way, a couple of them my eyelashes touch the lenses lightly, while others they don't. The slightest variation apparently can make a difference.

I was noticing the similar shape of the lenses on the flaks and the wiretaps and decided to see if the lenses are interchangeable.

The Wiretap lenses do fit in the Flak and Half Jacket Frames. Later on today I'll see if the flak lenses fit into the wiretap frames. That should open up lots of new lens possibilities for the Wiretaps if it works.

Here are the wiretap lenses in my half jacket 2.0s

View attachment 90783
View attachment 90784
View attachment 90785
Just curious, but how do the lenses come out of the wiretap frames?

Just pop out like the Flak Jacket frames?

Just curious, but how do the lenses come out of the wiretap frames?

Just pop out like the Flak Jacket frames?

They come out very similar but on the wiretaps there is a small screw holding each lens in (not necessary in my opinion). After you remove the screw they come out the same way as on the Flaks.

Back