• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Wish I Can Find Something Like This Everyday!

v2kjokerz

Oakley Expert
SoCal
Just got me a pair of Polished/Black Penny on CL, it didn't come with anything else. condition is probably 9/10 because one of the lenses has a tiny knick on it and frame just needs a little soap and water wash but overall I'm pretty happy with it and I got it for $90. What color lens is good on a Polished Penny?
Unfortunately, the Penny is too small for my big head so it looks a little weird when I wear it so for now, it just going to be for display :cool:

2n8sv3q.jpg

vy72hy.jpg

2q1c64i.jpg

2z8raeo.jpg

Congrat's on the Penny find! :eek:) These are small for a lot of us lol. I always thought emerald looked good with a polished frame...it worked for the Ichiro juliet's lol.

Why change the lenses when they are close to perfect? The way I see it is to always keep the originals in the glasses unless they're bad to the point they need to be changed. Also with the Penny, original lenses are so hard to come by so why not show off that you have a pair in almost mint condition? Congrats on the steal by the way.

Why change the lenses when they are close to perfect? The way I see it is to always keep the originals in the glasses unless they're bad to the point they need to be changed. Also with the Penny, original lenses are so hard to come by so why not show off that you have a pair in almost mint condition? Congrats on the steal by the way.

Thanks for the advise Pare! Yea, now I just need to clean up the frame to make it look new! whats the best way for doing that? remove everything and take it apart then soap and water?

I've never taken a Penny apart before, and don't know if it would be wise to try and remove the earstems. If it was me, I would unscrew the orbitals and take off the lenses, remove the nose bombs, and earsocks and then just clean it with soap and water. It should do the trick.

I've never taken a Penny apart before, and don't know if it would be wise to try and remove the earstems. If it was me, I would unscrew the orbitals and take off the lenses, remove the nose bombs, and earsocks and then just clean it with soap and water. It should do the trick.

yea If I was gonna take it apart for cleaning, I wont take off the earstem. Thanks Jive

Do you mean the earsock or earstem? Since the earstem is on a spring hinge I don't know how easy it would be to take off...

the spring hinge is not hard to put back..you just need 4 hands to do it. but if your hinges are clean and relatively smooth, dont bother. mine were sandy and dirty hence my decision to remove them when i did. get some grease and lubricate it abit and you should be fine. standard cleaning procedure - remove lens and all rubbers, soap and scrub frame thoroughly. rinse, then dry of.. remembering to blow out the hinges and other little screwholes etc that water gets stuck in. then reinstall.

good luck! and nice find =)

Back