1. Want to see less ads, private areas and be able to post? Register Today to receive all these benefits and more!
Dismiss Notice

Want to see less ads, post content and the ability to buy & sell Oakleys?

Register Today or Login

1. wilkie18

wilkie18 Oakley Collector

Does anyone else here heat there house with wood pellets and have been buying them 1 ton at a time until all of a sudden there are 0 to buy. So know I need to figure out how to heat my damn house with overnight temps at -10. Looks like that monitor heater in the basement is going to need to be turned on for the first time in 4 years. Hope it works. Then get 100gal of K1 at $4.12 a gallon. I am very sick of the north east time to move south.

Shade Station Oakley Sunglasses

Register to Not see this ad
  2. Wicked

Wicked Oakley Expert Premium Member

When I'm home I do. Heat my house with a Enviro Maxx-M.

What do you burn for pellets? Used North Country and LeCrete's before leaving for Cali back in Nov.

3. wilkie18

wilkie18 Oakley Collector

I like the energex and the laCretes .

4. Brett28

Brett28 Here's my money, thanks

i only used to use wood pellets at my upstate place and loved it. ive recently come across coal burners and i have to admit that theyre much more efficient and super cheap to buy (coal). may be something worth looking into

5. bad fishy

bad fishy Oakley Expert

I've seen wood pellet BBQ pits, but had no idea homes were warmed with them. Why not just use electric/gas furnace? Is the pellet setup more efficient or cheaper.

We don't run a heater very often in TX. We take advantage of the cool before the natural heater kicks back on in May

6. Clay

Clay Oakley Beginner

I looked into it a bit at one point. I've heard some will also burn corn.

7. Wicked

Wicked Oakley Expert Premium Member

My stove is a Multi-Fuel Stove, it will burn corn or what ever else they sell however Pellets are still cheaper.

8. Clay

Clay Oakley Beginner

but you can't divide by zero ;)

9. the_owl

the_owl Oakley Expert

I use pellets. Only other source is Propane. Im on my 3rd ton for the year. Thats all Ill have to buy it looks like.
    2200 sq ft and two stoves. I buy whatever they have at Home Depot. plenty in stock

10. Patient_Cero

Patient_Cero Oakley Collector

That sucks, hope your alternative plan works. This is why none of the people I know switched to pellet stoves over their conventional word burning.