• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Word on the street!

I had an email from a manager who resolved an issue I had with a couple of pairs I sent in and in her reply, she stated Oakley will no longer repair X Metal's. I rang customer services to see if this was the case, but they were unaware of this! I spoke to the manager again today and she confirmed that this was the case.

And now for the sad bit!!!

My returns were a Penny and Juliet. The penny was an XM serial numbered edition and the Juliet were a unserialised pair. On the way to Oakley Europe they were crushed by UPS!!!

I can't believe it...
View attachment 296588
View attachment 296589
I feel sick! :mad-35:
This is exactly why The X Man is around.

Actually I guess he really couldn't have stopped UPS from crushing them.

I had an email from a manager who resolved an issue I had with a couple of pairs I sent in and in her reply, she stated Oakley will no longer repair X Metal's. I rang customer services to see if this was the case, but they were unaware of this! I spoke to the manager again today and she confirmed that this was the case.

My returns were a Penny and Juliet. The penny was an XM serial numbered edition and the Juliet were a unserialised pair. On the way to Oakley Europe they were crushed by UPS!!!

I can't believe it...
View attachment 296588
View attachment 296589
How were they packaged that they ended up getting crushed?!?! :shock:

How were they packaged that they ended up getting crushed?!?! :shock:
Unfortunately not very well it seems, a straight forward cardboard box with plenty of padding and 'Fragile' on the box. However, Oakley have been fair in their assistance, it's UPS that have messed up!

Unfortunately not very well it seems, a straight forward cardboard box with plenty of padding and 'Fragile' on the box. However, Oakley have been fair in their assistance, it's UPS that have messed up!
Wow. That's disturbing

I can't believe it...
View attachment 296588
View attachment 296589

:eek:

Holy crap! That's awful... it could happen anytime though. 'Accidents' do happen!

It's possible that my master craftsman friend may be able to fix them. If you live near Oxfordshire you could bring them over - gotta be worth a try.

I can't believe it...
View attachment 296588
View attachment 296589

I'd feel sick too, man....that's one hell of a crush.

Sorry. :(

No matter how you pack them.....outside of a metal vault,those were going to get crushed.a truck or forklift rolling over them always trumps cardboard.

Latest Posts

Back