• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Word on the street!

At first I was offered the equivalent value of what they were new to spend on the Oakley site, but I refused this as I wanted to purchase like for like on the used market. After a few emails back and forth and different offers brought to the table, I agreed on a one off payment of £715 + I get to keep the original Ruby XM penny lenses and a pair of BIP, which I believe to be a reasonable deal.
So for sentimental reasons I'm unhappy, but I'm now in a position to purchase another pair at some point! :)
Well I guess that isn't terrible. I have no idea what an XM Penny is worth but I'd still be pissed about not getting it back. What's their reasoning for keeping it? Is it like insurance? Can you buy it salvaged?

Well I guess that isn't terrible. I have no idea what an XM Penny is worth but I'd still be pissed about not getting it back. What's their reasoning for keeping it? Is it like insurance? Can you buy it salvaged?
I guess their reason for keeping these is for insurance purposes with UPS. They can show them the damage and claim the insurance back.

Back