• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Worst Day At The Ostore!

racs09

Oakley Enthusiast
California
I drove 40 miles from work to get to the O store. I called before to reserve a polished juliet frame from the OCP and 2 sets of emerald lenses which they said they had. Upon arrival at the Ostore i asked about the juliet frame and the person asked if i was the one who called, i said yes. He was looking for the frame but could not find it. Apparently it was sold before i came. So i was pissed! But said to my self at least i'll be able to get the emerald lenses that i have been wanting for so long. I got the two boxes which was labeled emerald, upon opening the boxes inside were black iridiums. I am like wtf! I know the guys at the Ostore did not mean it, but it really was disappointing. I thought i would snag my 4th pair of juliets today, but apparently not. What a bummer!

You're pretty forgiving. That strikes me as unprofessional behavior. I don't know how much lag there was between when you called and arrived, but I am skeptical about the notion the polished frame was sold.

Yeah, it's one of those experiences that is easy to relate to. Bothers me with a product like Oakleys where you'd like to think there would be some extra consideration and care.

It is noticeable at the O stores and the Vaults, but kids they are getting to help, really do not have much going on up there. I have been slightly surprised, having been in 5 stores from Texas to the Carolinas over the past 3 months. They do not know the product, or the history. I have run into the same issue with various products, where I call, they have them, I ask them to hold it, and when I show up, the person who I talked to is off work and no one else knows where the items are. Then after tracking down the employee, when they are at work, I get told, after my second trip, that someone must have taken them and sold them. Frustrating, and there is not much discounting they can even do. The most they can do is throw in a micro bag, or promotional item. Cliental for Oakley is mostly one time buyers, who browse, and get what item they like most, without knowing what they are even buying. Then some other time, usually on vacation, they buy another due to breaking or losing their glasses. That leaves employees, not having to know much, but to say they look good on you. Every now and then you will run into a kid who is passionate about Oakely, but know nothing about metals or watches, but knows everything about Frogs and Holbrooks. Frogs and Holbrooks seem to be the "new" xmetal to the young generation. I think its the long floppy hair, messes with the brain cells. hahaha

Yeah. I even told them that all three of my juliets were purchased there plus the extra lenses and rubberkits i bought for all three. I saw those polished frames there before, that is why i was so happy that they were still there. But i guess not.. Lol

Latest Posts

Back