• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Would It Be Blasphemous?

pistolpetefan23

I am Jim Jannard...
Premium Member
...to get a Smith Optics display case? The one I may consider looks kind of cool, but I was thinking of maybe painting it and putting some Oakley stickers/decals on it possibly. It appears to be similar in size to a single-wide X-Metal tower, with a storage area in bottom 1/3rd.

I don't think it'd be a problem, assuming you removed or covered any SO branding. A case is a case; if people can proudly display in Ikea stuff then anything goes...

(and I'm not trying to knock those with Ikea cases, BTW :cool:)

Well, may be a moot point. Guy wants $225 for it. That'd be a solid price for an Oakley case, but not what I'd want to pay for a Smith case I'd have to do a bunch of stuff to anyways.

Well, may be a moot point. Guy wants $225 for it. That'd be a solid price for an Oakley case, but not what I'd want to pay for a Smith case I'd have to do a bunch of stuff to anyways.
Things happen for a reason

Good thing you didn't buy that display case because it would have been blasphemy and you would have burned in Oakley hell in the afterlife ...

I havent seen a case like that least you could do is modify it as we know these oakley cases are ***** hard to find i personally would not imagine i would find one. I saw a listing of 2 cases i called both one was sold and the other one pending transaction i was lucky to get that piece.

I have a electric sunglasses display (double wide) if anyone wants it lol 100 bucks. I want it out of my garage. It's on wheels and the entire back of it lights up. Don't mean to jump in your post like this but I've been looking for a way to post this and you kinda opened it up by talking about the smiths one lol

I have a electric sunglasses display (double wide) if anyone wants it lol 100 bucks. I want it out of my garage. It's on wheels and the entire back of it lights up. Don't mean to jump in your post like this but I've been looking for a way to post this and you kinda opened it up by talking about the smiths one lol

Have you thought about posting a WTS in the misc/everything else exchange?

I agree with @kronin323 , a case is a case. Oakley case is ideal but the brand isn't about cases, it's about shades... (I guess watches, boots and clothes as well) oakley never marketed the display items, not stands, cases or other items. So a display is a display in my book...

New wrinkle, the guy still has it and it's now listed for $125, so seems he's come down to earth on it. Thinking of offering $75 or something. Then paint the whole thing and throw some Oakley stickers on it.