• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Would You Guys Ever...

bigOak

Oakley Beginner
make any changes to your special edition Oaks if you could? If you didnt plan on resale and just kept them personally, would you physically make changes?

Here's why I ask. About a month ago, it was a slow day at the vault and a co-worker of mine had an idea. We had just got in pairs of STPL Holbrooks for discount for the first time (just got more the other day though) and he had decided to purchase a pair and take out the regular white square O logo and Chrome Stpl lenses and switched them for the ducati red O's and Ruby Lenses. I liked it so much that I had to do it for myself as well! There's a pic of it in my avatar but if you prefer up close, here it is.

photo.jpg picture by TherollingO - Photobucket

Would you guys ever do it?

If it looks better and is more wearable I definitely would. I love the look of the STPLs as is though, maybe if I had a second pair I would frankenstein something together...

If it looks better and is more wearable I definitely would. I love the look of the STPLs as is though, maybe if I had a second pair I would frankenstein something together...

Yeah I feel you on that, but another reason why they weren't as hard for us to change was because the original stpl lenses had a few minor scratches on them, hence why they were a part of our second tier discount, DE (Eyewear that was sent back to Oakley because the pair either just sat there at a 3rd party retailer who couldnt sell them or was damaged by that retailer ). Our assistant manager had already snagged up the mint condition ones and I basically had the last one left at the time

I was actually going to do that exact thing to mine. Dammit, now I'll have to do something else.

You could still try grape juice holbrook frame with violet iridium, the manage at the Scottsdale O Store showed me that one! :big_boss:

EDIT: Or take the green O from the moto gp, and 24k holbrook lenses and slap it on the jupiter camo ones to make them really LOOK jupiter camo

looks pretty cool dude . . .
i will do the same!

to bad that you have to look for something else Batwolf! but i pretty sure that will be sweet too.

They're your sunglasses so I think switching them up to whatever you want is cool. To me, these now look essentially like a Holbrook version of the Polished White w/ Ruby Frogskins.

I've swapped around lenses on my Frogskins but that's about it, I haven't messed with the frame yet but am looking forward to seeing what the options are for the OCP Frogskins programme.

some changes on special edition are just better than the way they come from oakley....

i have some ice lenses in my prpaganda hijinx
or took the kozik icons out and used them in a straight white pair with ruby lenses . . .
my troy lee fuel cells - violet icons and lenses
maybe i will take some 24k polarized holbrook lenses to put them in a different frame?!
and my taca fuel cells with ruby
DOPE

Back