1. Want to see less ads, private areas and be able to post? Register Today to receive all these benefits and more!
Dismiss Notice

Want to see less ads, post content and the ability to buy & sell Oakleys?

Register Today or Login

1. CaptainClark

CaptainClark Oakley Beginner

I have a pair of 24k XX that I purchased new. I'm not a collector by any means, but I see on the forum here that they
    seem pretty popular. These have very slight wear on the tips of the stems and no marks anywhere else. Needs new earsocks as well. Being that I'm not a collector, I no longer have the box or coin. These are also non-serialized. My question - is it worth it money wise to sell them or should I just shelf them for a few years and revisit it at that point? They're
    hot glasses for sure, but I think I'm kind of looking for a change....

Shade Station Oakley Sunglasses

Register to Not see this ad
  2. del518

del518 I have a few pair.....

I would hang onto them.

3. hearno

hearno Oakley Collector

At the end of the day, they're a pair of sunglasses. They'll never be worth tens of thousands of dollars. You're not a collector and unless they hold some significant sentimental value there's no incentive to keep them. They're worth decent money now, sell them and get something new to enjoy.

4. CaptainClark

Any clue how much (I know it would be a very rough guess) I should ask if I did sell them? It's tough to figure because the vast
    majority here have the box and coin. I'm not looking to make tons of money if I do sell them - just enough to be fair to the buyer
    AND myself...

5. CarGuy

CarGuy Oakley Expert Premium Member Lifetime Member

Mint lenses and tight bridge I would guess you could get $350 for this pair.
    I'd keep them unless you are really tired of them, if you change your mind in a year and decide to rock them again you wouldn't be able to.

6. CaptainClark

That's a pretty good point - I do tend to change my mind about as often as I change my drawers...
    Thanks for the insight...

7. qBan

qBan The Hijinxer

i thought these were serialized?

8. Malv1

Malv1 Oakley Collector

Nah, the latter of the 24k XX's were released with the new style box and coin and no serials...

9. qtrain23

qtrain23 3D Printing Protege

You should give them to me

10. CaptainClark

Send me your address and I'll get them right out to you...LOL