• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

WOW, Anyone Else See This? LOL

I heard that tick spit has a concrete quality to it so they cant be just brushed off, maybe someone collected a **** ton of tick spit and made a TS Limited Edition???

Made sense to me when I first thought it, not so much now after reading it but im sticking with it...lol

These were both mentioned in another post a few days ago. The sellers just had someone they knew buy their item, with that price, with absolutely no intention of paying. Whether for bragging rights, or showing others what they got for a non valued item, its not a scam, just stupidity. Items like these and priced like that are not and will not change values for an Oakley item. As we all know, values are based upon Retail, Ebay, and Forum prices for the most part. Each item is also valued upon rarity, and what someone is willing to pay for it. Each item is specific to another like kind. Therefore all the posts about changing values or affecting them isn't really accurate, All in my humble opinion.

Any one notice that a bid of 50k was retracted?

h***k
s.gif
( 145
iconTealStar_25x25.gif
) Retracted: US $50,000.00 Bid: May-18-13 12:24:22 PDT
Retracted: May-18-13 12:30:03 PDT

No, what will happen is the seller will just file a non-payment dispute, or will say cancel the deal, due to seller-buyer disagreements. Ebay will just cancel the sale, but the posting usually stays on the system. The account for the huge payment, may get closed, but numerous people have duplicate accounts in different names, so it is no loss to them.

InfiniteHero said:
No, what will happen is the seller will just file a non-payment dispute, or will say cancel the deal, due to seller-buyer disagreements. Ebay will just cancel the sale, but the posting usually stays on the system. The account for the huge payment, may get closed, but numerous people have duplicate accounts in different names, so it is no loss to them.

Exactly!!!!! Also, I have heard of people jacking those prices up on dummy accounts because the item in question may be a counterfeit. So they are trying to protect others that are not fully versed in the original item, and keeping them from being scammed.

Back