• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Buying WTB: Matte Clear W/ Text Holiday Oil Rig

• Thread starter Username Hidden
  • Start date
I just sent a pm to you

Some people reacted to this post.
The money isn't a problem, but I am not going to pay an outrageous price for them either. The set that was on ebay for $375 was overpriced, as everyone who knows anything about oakleys can verify. Thats why they were on there for 4 months before they sold.

Money I have, but I am not going to put up for price gouging. Be it as it may.....

And for the comment about a thread being started every 2 months, well this is my first thread started about them, and I am not going to revive an old thread, and hijack someone elses.... Just saying.... So if your comments arent going to be useful, other than simply stating the fact that other people have started a thread, which is taking my thread off topic, (moderators should of already noticed that) then keep your comments to yourself. I'm not trying to be a di*k, but useless comments are just that, useless.... My thread is for Wanting to buy a pair of Oakleys. Not wanting to know how many people have started threads over this, and how much they cost, and that I better have deep pockets... Way off topic...

Back to the topic at hand....

The Biggest, I replied to your PM Thanks!

1. Do not tell the moderators how to do their jobs
2. People making the comments were trying to help and were sort of letting you down gently so you do not get your hopes up
3. Get used to the off topic talk and rapport because it is part of almost any forums

Cheers

HDOakley said:
aren't you selling them? lol.

Nope. And I don't know of another pair to help this fine gent out.

Username Hidden said:
The money isn't a problem, but I am not going to pay an outrageous price for them either. The set that was on ebay for $375 was overpriced, as everyone who knows anything about oakleys can verify. Thats why they were on there for 4 months before they sold.

Money I have, but I am not going to put up for price gouging. Be it as it may.....

And for the comment about a thread being started every 2 months, well this is my first thread started about them, and I am not going to revive an old thread, and hijack someone elses.... Just saying.... So if your comments arent going to be useful, other than simply stating the fact that other people have started a thread, which is taking my thread off topic, (moderators should of already noticed that) then keep your comments to yourself. I'm not trying to be a di*k, but useless comments are just that, useless.... My thread is for Wanting to buy a pair of Oakleys. Not wanting to know how many people have started threads over this, and how much they cost, and that I better have deep pockets... Way off topic...

Back to the topic at hand....

The Biggest, I replied to your PM Thanks!

Whoa,whoa, listen:

Several of the comments were an attempt to help you out. We read these so if we come across a pair members are looking for we can recall these threads and point you and/or the seller in each others direction. No one was stating you put a previous want ad for these, he was simply stating these are a sought after pair and frequently asked for on the forum, not to mention it helps keep your thread near the top. I am all for keeping on topic, but in my opinion, none of the comments left the topic of your want or need for this specific pair. Please relax and let this community help you obtain some of your pairs. A rant such as above is not going to persuade others to want to assist you in obtaining items. Enjoy the forum and lets keep a friendly tone. Thank you!

I understand the message you are trying to send. But my ad simply stated I was looking for a certain pair of glasses. I understand members are trying to help by saying they are impossible to find, you better be prepared to pay. Thats fine, but thats not what I asked for. If I simply wanted to know how much money and how hard they were to obtain I would of asked. I know the rarity of the glasses as I already have a sealed pair. I didn't think this was information I needed to divulge, but after tracking down some of the rarer glasses, and browsing these boards for a long time, you learn and listen.

Thanks for everyone's input about how hard they are to find, but all I am looking for is responses from people that are either selling, or can point me in a direction.

Point taken.

Like I said I could have, but now I wont just due to your attitude in general... This is a valuable resource you have tapped into here, but you are already using it entirely wrong. I am not going to bother asking friends to sell me a rare/hard to find pair (which is what makes them so valuable to Collectors like us) for bargain basement prices, if that were the case I would just buy them for myself. However if you had made a reasonable offer instead of jumping on everyone like Billy Bad Ass I would have spoke to a few people on your behalf, but like I said that opportunity has now passed for you...

But "Hey, good luck in your search!"

looks as if you make fast friends Smurf

btw nice attitudes! :laugh:

good luck . . .

Username Hidden said:
Like I said I could have, but now I wont just due to your attitude in general... This is a valuable resource you have tapped into here, but you are already using it entirely wrong. I am not going to bother asking friends to sell me a rare/hard to find pair (which is what makes them so valuable to Collectors like us) for bargain basement prices, if that were the case I would just buy them for myself. However if you had made a reasonable offer instead of jumping on everyone like Billy Bad Ass I would have spoke to a few people on your behalf, but like I said that opportunity has now passed for you...

But "Hey, good luck in your search!"

Take my responses how you like, that is your choice. Just so you know I was not looking to buy anything at "basement bottom prices" I would definitely pay money for them, that wasn't at all what I was trying to broadcast. I'm not a cheapskate, and I have definitely hooked a few members up on here with some rarer pieces, and I took considerably less money than what others on here have or are currently asking for their same pieces.

Sorry that everyone on here had to catch me on a bad day, as you can see I have taken some time away from the boards, and the web in general. I guess being out of the country can help you lose your mind from time to time. Not to mention the heat over here playing in the sand.

Formally I apologize to all members who toes I might of stepped on. I understand the purpose of this website and community. I meant no disrespect to anyone, and what you guys/gals have here is a pretty good info, probably damn near the best on the web.