• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Buying WTB: Military M Frame Lens

• Thread starter Username Hidden
  • Start date
U

Username Hidden

Looking to buy 1st Gen M Frame lens, need the smoke lens, would be interested in the full set (clear, yellow, smoke). Or a black iridium polarized. Thanks.

Some people reacted to this post.
What shape?

Best I can do to describe it is to post this pic. I got this pair in the Army, lost it, had to buy a new one to turn in before leaving, then found it a while back going through a bunch of stuff. They're the M Frame "1.0" I guess, they have a hole halfway across the top and the frame clips in there and on the sides like other m frames. Looking for the standard issue size, and like I said either a smoke, black polar, or the deployment set are the lenses I'm looking for. I'm selling some x metals to pay some bills but I think I can swing these as a wear pair. Thanks!
image.jpeg

Username Hidden said:
What shape?
Would be open to other shapes possibly... Not sure what is out there. I just want to be able to see out of them!

I need to dig a little
I may some

PM Sent

I have a deal pending

So you're aware - those are not "Gen1" or "1st Gen" - they are the first set made for ballistic protection, NSN registered, etc. They're built on a 4th Gen M Frame (called the 'New' M Frame by some) and the addition of the clip allows them to pass MIL impact standards which require the lens not separate from the frame during impact.

You can remove the clip and use any M Frame lens if you just want a pair of shades.

The lens shape you've got is the Strike, which is the second largest of the standard 5-lens lineup the M Frame retired with. Heater is the bigger shape, Hybrid is slightly smaller than Strike with cheek scallops, Sweep is smaller yet, and Hybrid S the smallest.

Username Hidden said:
So you're aware - those are not "Gen1" or "1st Gen" - they are the first set made for ballistic protection, NSN registered, etc. They're built on a 4th Gen M Frame (called the 'New' M Frame by some) and the addition of the clip allows them to pass MIL impact standards which require the lens not separate from the frame during impact.

You can remove the clip and use any M Frame lens if you just want a pair of shades.

The lens shape you've got is the Strike, which is the second largest of the standard 5-lens lineup the M Frame retired with. Heater is the bigger shape, Hybrid is slightly smaller than Strike with cheek scallops, Sweep is smaller yet, and Hybrid S the smallest.

Awesome, thanks for that info. I guess it makes sense that just because they were the first M Frames I'd seen doesn't make them gen 1! :D

If you're on the SI site it makes sense, since there's a 2.0 and 3.0 offered right along with the old version.

The frames follow a general timeline of

Gen1, Gen2, Pro, 'New', 2.0, 3.0, M2, Alpha