• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

WTB Threads Should Have Prices Too...

so true. although i am thinking that this may start problem with comments saying the OP is outta his mind for the lowball price or what have you. reasonable prices vary for each of us...
i personally am really confused on the values right now, especially on x metals and zeros, but i do have my personal limit...
Prices vary not only do to our idea of condition but by how many we have of that item. One guy who's looking for his first may value it higher but a guy who has 10 already could easily pass on it if it had to high of a price and just wait for the next one

i do not think PMs should be taken away from WTB threads. everyone has a budget and a limit price. if their limit price is too low or unrealistic, it may send out a wrong message to other sellers that this buyer is a lowballer and thus ruining his reputation of not being a serious potential buyer. i still think PMs are vital. it is just that members need to differentiate when to put a post or when to send a PM. we are trying to keep this community as friendly as possible for enjoyment of all oakley lovers. anything that has potential to start a word war (from members' sensitivity to a comment) is not a good way to go. IMO anyway.

Prices vary not only do to our idea of condition but by how many we have of that item. One guy who's looking for his first may value it higher but a guy who has 10 already could easily pass on it if it had to high of a price and just wait for the next one
yes, yet another reason out of plenty of reasons price ranges differ....

I too agree PM's are vital. I for one dont like to always announce what im looking for to the whole forum. Its annoying when you post a WTB thread and then like 5 people start looking for the same. This forum starts trends sometimes and I for one dont always publicize what im looking for. Thinking about this whole thing I dont know if listing a price is good for a WTB thread. I have posted one in the past and always reached aggrements with sellers. Still not sure about this all :).

I for one dont like to always announce what im looking for to the whole forum. Its annoying when you post a WTB thread and then like 5 people start looking for the same.
The thread topic does not apply in your instance because you probably would not start a WTB thread for this reason.

It's just the dance so to speak. The one who shows his price first shows his hand first. It's part of the process....maybe the thread should say How bad does someone WTB? 'Cause some put a WTB price that isn't realistic at all. I also think it sucks as far as X Metals go being DC'ed and the prices going to stupid ridiculous levels. Most of the X Metal XS's and Juliets are not at all rare, yet the pricing would indicate they are.
Tim

And if we are talking about prices.....Why don't sellers leave their prices in the ads AFTER THE SALE, instead of editing it out putting sold where the price WAS? That would help in establishing prices and letting people see actual sale prices....
Tim

The one who shows his price first shows his hand first. It's part of the process....
I don't play that way.

And if we are talking about prices.....Why don't sellers leave their prices in the ads AFTER THE SALE, instead of editing it out putting sold where the price WAS? That would help in establishing prices and letting people see actual sale prices....

I've asked for that too before. How you been Tim? I haven't seen much of you since RED. Did you forget your old login? I notice a new screen name. Sorta.

Latest Posts

Back