• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

WTB- X-Metal XX

• Thread starter Username Hidden
  • Start date
U

Username Hidden

Looking for a frame in good shape. I don't need a box or coin or anything like that. Just a set that has life left in it that can be a daily wear.

Carbon or X-Metal frame please. Not a fan of polished, and TiO2 and 24K are probably outside my price range. I'm not worried about parts that are easily replaced like lenses, earsocks, etc.

I'd like to keep it under $250, but let's see what you've got!

Some people reacted to this post.
I don't believe there are X-Metal XX Carbon or Polished so your only option is X-metal and Plasma. gonna be a bit of a challenge to find those at that price range but it is possible though. check the bay, sometime I see them at 250+ end auction, but havent really seen them lower than that. good luck man. I love mine.

Good luck on your hunt.

I've got 2 pair of x metal in for tune-up currently.
One were my old beaters and one were a pair that I picked up for $230 with box. They were pretty beat frame and lenses when I got them and decided to send them in since I was sending others in.
I really wanted them for the box and just to sit on them and maybe use the arms on a pair of XM Ducatis. But I'd be happy to work out something on them with you, maybe throw in a set of 24K lenses out of my daily 24K's and get you into a nice pair.
If you don't find a pair between now and then I'd be happy to help a brother out and work something out in that price range.
Then maybe Tarheel will work with me on his pair...

Username Hidden said:
I don't believe there are X-Metal XX Carbon or Polished so your only option is X-metal and Plasma. gonna be a bit of a challenge to find those at that price range but it is possible though. check the bay, sometime I see them at 250+ end auction, but havent really seen them lower than that. good luck man. I love mine.

I was thinking plasma when I wrote polished. I thought I had seen darker frames on the XX, but you're right it's only Plasma, 24k, XM, and TI02. I like the color of the darker parts of the TiO2 frame, is that standard Xmetal, or is that another shade?

Username Hidden said:

Yes, I've been watching eBay. After fees and whatnot a frame selling for $280-300 nets the seller $250-270. Didn't someone sell a TiO2 frame in pretty good shape on the forum for under $200 a little while ago?

Username Hidden said:
I've got 2 pair of x metal in for tune-up currently.
One were my old beaters and one were a pair that I picked up for $230 with box. They were pretty beat frame and lenses when I got them and decided to send them in since I was sending others in.
I really wanted them for the box and just to sit on them and maybe use the arms on a pair of XM Ducatis. But I'd be happy to work out something on them with you, maybe throw in a set of 24K lenses out of my daily 24K's and get you into a nice pair.
If you don't find a pair between now and then I'd be happy to help a brother out and work something out in that price range.
Then maybe Tarheel will work with me on his pair...

Sounds great, let me know!

I was wondering about 24k lens in an Xmetal frame and how it would look, seeing as black and 24k are readily available I'd probably get a set of each while they're available.

Username Hidden said:
Didn't someone sell a TiO2 frame in pretty good shape on the forum for under $200 a little while ago?

under $200 for Tio2? not sure, Im sure I have not seen that anywhere, even on eBay or CL.

Username Hidden said:
I was thinking plasma when I wrote polished. I thought I had seen darker frames on the XX, but you're right it's only Plasma, 24k, XM, and TI02. I like the color of the darker parts of the TiO2 frame, is that standard Xmetal, or is that another shade?

Yes, I've been watching eBay. After fees and whatnot a frame selling for $280-300 nets the seller $250-270. Didn't someone sell a TiO2 frame in pretty good shape on the forum for under $200 a little while ago?

Sounds great, let me know!

I was wondering about 24k lens in an Xmetal frame and how it would look, seeing as black and 24k are readily available I'd probably get a set of each while they're available.
Yes the darkest is x metal.
42576148-b2e5-cb15.jpg

42576148-b350-243c.jpg

Bump this back up, let's see what's out there!

Any update, CarGuy?

Username Hidden said:
Bump this back up, let's see what's out there!

Any update, CarGuy?

Nothing.

Actually I am amazed because I've read on this forum that folks just swing by and they get a 2 for 1 deal, and they do it while you wait, and you get a tour and free nosepiece samples, ad infinitum- because that's not my experience yet. Admittitedly I have a very small sample set to work with but I've sent (1), (1) and (4) in and the actual repair time has been slow and zero communication after receipt.

It's like a completely different experience sending glasses in for repair compared to walking a pair in. It's like they go into a black hole and you have no idea where you are at in the process because you don't know until you see a charge on your credit card. That is the only indicator that the game is afoot.

Now, I'm actually OK with that. I'm actually pleased that that is even done and the refresh aspect adds a nice ripple to the whole deal. I got other stuff to wear...

So to make a long story longer, the deal is still on and if everyone would stop bringing their stuff into Foothill Ranch HQ maybe the techs could get back to our glasses (our glasses, like that?).

Rant over. :smile: