• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Trading WTT SI Ballistic M Frame 3.0 Array for Ballistic M Frame 2.0

• Thread starter Username Hidden
  • Start date
U

Username Hidden

Hey guys, looking to trade this 3.0 Ballistic Array for a 2.0 version. Depending on condition and what else is included I'll also throw in cash to even out the deal. I'm primarily looking for the Ballistic 2.0 M frame with the clear lens. I don't need the Array but I wouldn't mind having it either so don't let that discourage your offer. My preference is probably for the black frame but I'm not picky. If you've got a 2.0 frame let me know!

So here we go. This 3.0 Array includes everything that came in the retail box in varying conditions. This has been my daily work pair for about 8 months so it shows quite a bit of wear in some areas (several pics shown below highlighting condition) but overall its still a very usable set.

The frame itself is in great shape with no noticeable damage. The only knock on it could be that the arms are slightly loose compared to new but they still fit great on the head, no issues there. Overall I'd rate them 8/10.

The clear lens has the most significant issues in the set. This has been my work lens for 12+ hours per day 4+ days a week. It has some scratches and scuffs on it (none in my line of vision) especially where the lens meets the frame and the nose piece area. The bottom edges of the lens is also peeling on both sides. I tried to capture this in the pictures but its very difficult because the lens is still so clear that the camera tries to focus on the surface behind it. The best estimation of condition I can give is my own personal limits of use. I see myself getting another 2-3 months of use out of this lens before it needs replacing. After that I'd still feel comfortable using it in the garage when working on the car etc, but not for work. I'd rate it a 4/10 overall.

The gray lens is in much better condition. It was only used a handful of times in the summer when mowing my lawn. I can't find any scratches on it but I did notice the tiniest bit of lens peel starting at the bottom edge on one side. Given the life I've gotten out of my clear lens after the peeling started I'd guess there is a minimum of 6 months of heavy use left in this lens before the peeling becomes an issue. Overall 7/10.

Both the black and clear nose pieces have seen heavy use. They aren't in terrible shape and I think they'll easily last the life of the lenses if not longer. Even still I'll rate them a 5/10.

The case that comes with this is in excellent condition. It has always been stored in the box and shows little to no signs of wear. 9/10

The strap for the frames has never even been taken out of the bag, 10/10.

The anti fog solution is still at least 3/4 full and the bag it comes in is still in good shape. Impossible to rate a bottle of fluid but its got enough left to last a LONG time since it only takes 2-4 drips to do the entire lens and you don't have to do it very often.

Microbag is in decent shape. It shows signs of use but no rips or frays that I can see, 7/10.

I've tried to get everything captured in the pictures but if there are areas you'd like more pics of or a better description just let me know. I work nights 5pm to 5am so if you don't get a reply right away give me some time to wake up.

uploadfromtaptalk1420234707851.jpg

uploadfromtaptalk1420234726013.jpg

uploadfromtaptalk1420234739443.jpg

uploadfromtaptalk1420234750651.jpg

uploadfromtaptalk1420234763350.jpg

uploadfromtaptalk1420234777073.jpg

uploadfromtaptalk1420234788383.jpg

uploadfromtaptalk1420234802166.jpg

uploadfromtaptalk1420234816656.jpg

Some people reacted to this post.
Curious why you want to go from the 3 to the 2. I owned both and sold my 2.0 frames in favor of the 3.

For the length of time I wear them I just can't go without the rubber ear socks. What happens to me is that the arms actually start wearing through the skin on the where they rest on my ears. When I've worn them at home a few hours at a time I love them. At work where I can't go without them for so long is miserable at the end of the week, especially if I get stuck working overtime.

Gotcha. I wear mine daily, but not as much per day. Just a heads up, 2.0 rubber is a pain to get your hands on.

Yeah I've heard that, that's one of the factors that pushed me to the 3.0. These just aren't cutting it though so even if I have to pay an arm and a leg for them its worth it to me.