• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

For Sale /WTT: SPLICE Black Chrome & Polished Black W/ Black Iridium NIB/NWT *SOLD*

• Thread starter Username Hidden
  • Start date
U

Username Hidden

Hello, I've been wearing Oaks (strictly) for over 19 years now, and I'm really only on my 3rd pair! I got Full Metal Jackets (5.56 or 7.62 IIRC, they were the darker frames) back when I was 15 y/o. They were stolen at 19 or 20, so my GF replaced them with an identical pair. I rocked those for prob. 6 years when I bought these Splices. I loved the style, but they just weren't me. Too blingy I guess and small framed for my noggin, so I continued to wear the FMJs till I picked up a pair of Monster Dogs. I still wear the Dogs daily and love them...they would be 100% still if it weren't for some lens nicks from my mom's ceiling fan danglies. :mad:

Anyway, I was re-arranging the safe a few months ago and the Splice box caught my attention. I still feel the same about them, but I hate to leave them sitting around, esp. when my trusty Dogs are getting long in the tooth. Not in wear, just getting bored I guess. That's when I decided to take a look at the current offerings and find a good place to do some trading rather than paying ebay $50 to find a buyer.

SOLD shipped first-class. +$5 for med. flat-rate Priority. I'm looking for Gascan w/ matte/ice polarized, maybe Batwolf, or Oil Rig. May also consider crystal black with black or ice iridium polarized. I've seen some sweet ACU camo prints here and there, but prob. too rare (aka expensive) for my blood. I'm not a collector and have little interest in serials or exclusivity. The pairs I've been seeing on ebay that I'd consider buying seem to run $90-$110. I'd like to trade for a mint pair of shades with cash difference my way, unless I can get close enough to some sort of alloy or carbon frame that I'm not familiar with.

OK, enough yapping and on to the Splice details. Like I said earlier, (if you made it this far) these have been in the safe since day one. They literally have about 10 min. honest wear. The box is perfect and still has the price and model number stickers on the end from local purchase. I am a total newb to the site, so I'm not familiar with exactly what you all what to know about them, especially the particulars of this frame style, but to my untrained eye, the only thing I can think to comment on is that small spot on the top edge of the right orbital in the reflection of the black chrome finish. It's definitely a factory blemish. This was the best shot I could get on camera in at least a half hour's effort. Just let me know if you want pics of anything in particular or better description of something.

Attachments

• IMG_6941.JPG
    IMG_6941.JPG
    281.3 KB · Views: 412
  • IMG_6948.JPG
    IMG_6948.JPG
    263.6 KB · Views: 356
  • IMG_6945.JPG
    IMG_6945.JPG
    444.1 KB · Views: 354
  • IMG_6947.JPG
    IMG_6947.JPG
    380.4 KB · Views: 383
Last edited:
Some people reacted to this post.
pm

Might also consider Valve, Style Switch, TinCan, maybe others. Again, lenses MUST be black or ice iridium polarized, and I prefer matte black finish.

ETA: Sale price and more specific trade / purchase interests. I'm really starting to lean toward matte Gascans with ice polarized. Steel Flags would be sweet too.

Last edited:
SOLD

Last edited:
Back