• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

X-MAN BLACK BLACK ALL BLACK PENNY - BATMAN'S CHOICE!

DrtyHarry

Oakley Expert
So I finally got around to sending in a set of Pennys to @THE X-MAN to have him tune and cerekote the frame in black. I got them back yesterday, I wasn't going to install the lenses I have until I get my cuts from @Chris A Hardaway back, but I wanted to see what they would look like all blacked out.

WOW!!! I can honestly say that these Pennys are by far my favorite Oakleys that I now own. I'm having some other polar lenses made in chrome, gold, red, G30, and a few other colors....but I am REALLY diggin the all black frame. Had him hide the rivets as well so they are all black as well.

I usually sport a Penny most of the time....when I drive, I usually wear a Juliet for more coverage. And when I have to put on my nicer threads/suit...I usually wear one of my Ti Sq Wire 2.0s. I am so impressed with these glasses, I wonder how come Oakley never did a carbon frame for the Penny. I heard there were some prototypes, but these really do look killer. I know that I'm going to be wearing these a lot more often than any of my other Pennys. With that said, I'm going to send out one of my Juliets to have him cerekote them in black. I do have a carbon Ducati frame...but I like the darker cerekote he makes a great deal better. So I'm either going to send in one of my plasma or non serial x-metal Juliets to him as well.

And furthermore, I also need to get another Penny to have him do in black. I can't keep swapping out different lenses. All my other Pennys are in great condition and have serial numbers. I just scored one for $218 the other day, but it's in such fantastic condition....I don't want to send those in. Hopefully I will come across another $200 pair soon.

Here are some pics I took....I took a side by side shot of them next to a polished frame so you can see how much darker they are. I tell ya, if Batman wore Oakley's...these would be them. Thanks again, @THE X-MAN for such fantastic work and such a fast turn around. I really am diggin the all black, but I had planned to use chrome or 24k lenses. I'm also going to score some red/blue LINEGEAR rubber sets to switch things up from time to time. Maybe some violet as well since I have some violet polar Penny cuts.

Here are some pics fellas....

Penny1.jpg
Penny2.jpg
Penny3.jpg
Penny4.jpg
PennyComp.jpg
PennyME.jpg

I do like them....what sort of cost are we talking if you don't mind me asking.

My Pennys were in dire need of a tune and were titanium. 40 for the tune and 50 for the paint. 90 total shipped. My buddy offered me 550 for them. I got a Penny for 218 the other day. Had I sent those in and sold them....could have made about $250. I just couldn't. $90 is crazy fair....no flaws at all. Looks factory new....actually, TIGHTER than factory!

Best part...... they'll never get loose again

Not unless I run them over with my car!! I mean really....no joke. They are tighter/stronger than my factory NIB frames I have. Ya gots the skills man!! Just scored a MARS and am toying with the notion of sending them to you to have them done in black. But again...got a sick deal on them. They are NIB with an XM finish. Never even tried them on...but if they work for me, I might just very well send them to you. Were all MARS serialized?

Thanks again, Mr. X-MAN!! :)

Harry