1. Want to see less ads, private areas and be able to post? Register Today to receive all these benefits and more!
Dismiss Notice

Want to see less ads, post content and the ability to buy & sell Oakleys?

Register Today or Login

1. DrtyHarry

DrtyHarry Oakley Collector

So I finally got around to sending in a set of Pennys to @THE X-MAN to have him tune and cerekote the frame in black. I got them back yesterday, I wasn't going to install the lenses I have until I get my cuts from @Chris A Hardaway back, but I wanted to see what they would look like all blacked out.

WOW!!! I can honestly say that these Pennys are by far my favorite Oakleys that I now own. I'm having some other polar lenses made in chrome, gold, red, G30, and a few other colors....but I am REALLY diggin the all black frame. Had him hide the rivets as well so they are all black as well.

I usually sport a Penny most of the time....when I drive, I usually wear a Juliet for more coverage. And when I have to put on my nicer threads/suit...I usually wear one of my Ti Sq Wire 2.0s. I am so impressed with these glasses, I wonder how come Oakley never did a carbon frame for the Penny. I heard there were some prototypes, but these really do look killer. I know that I'm going to be wearing these a lot more often than any of my other Pennys. With that said, I'm going to send out one of my Juliets to have him cerekote them in black. I do have a carbon Ducati frame...but I like the darker cerekote he makes a great deal better. So I'm either going to send in one of my plasma or non serial x-metal Juliets to him as well.

And furthermore, I also need to get another Penny to have him do in black. I can't keep swapping out different lenses. All my other Pennys are in great condition and have serial numbers. I just scored one for $218 the other day, but it's in such fantastic condition....I don't want to send those in. Hopefully I will come across another $200 pair soon.

Here are some pics I took....I took a side by side shot of them next to a polished frame so you can see how much darker they are. I tell ya, if Batman wore Oakley's...these would be them. Thanks again, @THE X-MAN for such fantastic work and such a fast turn around. I really am diggin the all black, but I had planned to use chrome or 24k lenses. I'm also going to score some red/blue LINEGEAR rubber sets to switch things up from time to time. Maybe some violet as well since I have some violet polar Penny cuts.

Here are some pics fellas....

X-MAN BLACK BLACK ALL BLACK PENNY - BATMAN'S CHOICE! - Penny1.jpg X-MAN BLACK BLACK ALL BLACK PENNY - BATMAN'S CHOICE! - Penny2.jpg X-MAN BLACK BLACK ALL BLACK PENNY - BATMAN'S CHOICE! - Penny3.jpg X-MAN BLACK BLACK ALL BLACK PENNY - BATMAN'S CHOICE! - Penny4.jpg X-MAN BLACK BLACK ALL BLACK PENNY - BATMAN'S CHOICE! - PennyComp.jpg X-MAN BLACK BLACK ALL BLACK PENNY - BATMAN'S CHOICE! - PennyME.jpg

Shade Station Oakley Sunglasses

Register to Not see this ad
  2. Nortika

Nortika Oakley Expert Premium Member

Those look AWESOME!!! The X-MAN did an outstanding job! Congrats!

Oakley dork and DrtyHarry like this.
  3. Chris A Hardaway

Chris A Hardaway The Man Loves to Chop 'Em. Premium Member

Ya baby ya! *Austin Powers voice.

supersharp and DrtyHarry like this.
  4. supersharp

supersharp X-Metal Connoisseur Premium Member

Those are absolutely beautiful. Congrats. X-Man's work is amazing.

DrtyHarry likes this.
  5. DrtyHarry

Yeah....@THE X-MAN really did a job that far exceeded my expectations. I can't wait to send him some more frames. The whole process/experience was very professional and the turn around time was outstanding. Big thumbs up!!

Harry

6. dingo ate my baby

dingo ate my baby I should Work at Oakley

Smooth looking shades

DrtyHarry likes this.
  7. Sean reilly

Sean reilly Oakley Beginner

I do like them....what sort of cost are we talking if you don't mind me asking.

DrtyHarry likes this.
  8. DrtyHarry

My Pennys were in dire need of a tune and were titanium. 40 for the tune and 50 for the paint. 90 total shipped. My buddy offered me 550 for them. I got a Penny for 218 the other day. Had I sent those in and sold them....could have made about $250. I just couldn't. $90 is crazy fair....no flaws at all. Looks factory new....actually, TIGHTER than factory!

THE X-MAN likes this.
  9. THE X-MAN

THE X-MAN Forum Sponsor Gold Forum Sponsor Premium Member Lifetime Member

Best part...... they'll never get loose again

10. DrtyHarry

Not unless I run them over with my car!! I mean really....no joke. They are tighter/stronger than my factory NIB frames I have. Ya gots the skills man!! Just scored a MARS and am toying with the notion of sending them to you to have them done in black. But again...got a sick deal on them. They are NIB with an XM finish. Never even tried them on...but if they work for me, I might just very well send them to you. Were all MARS serialized?

Thanks again, Mr. X-MAN!! :)

Harry