• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

X-Men Radarlock For Cyclops

Just saw this on facebook. Cyclops is long overdue for a single lens, although the Juliet Penny are cool no matter what. My lust doesn't last beyond aesthetic, as we all know those bottom pieces have to be attached to the lens instead of frame, so they could be a bit of a flimsy addition in use considering the lens is supposed to flex a bit to different faces - unlike other frames that flex more about the nose so the lenses don't get affected much..

Right now I tried to it a Radarlock lens onto a Jawbone jaw. I think the curvature matches well enough, but you'd definitely need to cut even an edge lens, and of course trim the bolt ends and nose of jaw. It wouldn't look the same, but probably the easiest way to get a full-frame look done. I'd think the Split Jacket jaw would be too small.

A thought just occurred. Isn't the Radarlock like massively wide at the temples? And Cyclops would need a very tight peripheral fit?

It will be interesting to see how they fit.

That's a cool article to read. I wish they would make more than 4 pairs though. I can't wait to see it in the movie.

Back