• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

X-Men Radarlock For Cyclops

A thought just occurred. Isn't the Radarlock like massively wide at the temples? And Cyclops would need a very tight peripheral fit?

It will be interesting to see how they fit.

The straight stem version are not as wide as the regular. It looks like they took Radarlock Edge Straight stem (or Asian fits) and added a little piece to the bottom and sides. It probably wouldn't be too difficult for someone to 3D print one.

It'd be cool of Oakley released an "x-men" version that us enthusiasts (and the general public) can buy, but really, have they ever?

Yeah, they released x-metal / ruby Juliet and Penny, but they weren't official "x-men" versions, AFAIK. Also, I heard for those props they did extra layers of iridium on both sides of the lenses to get that deep red and it gave JM headaches, not practical for normal use.

Maybe there are more (are there?) but the only movie-branded release I know about are the Blade OTTs, and they were just regular OTTs with a lens etching while the actual props had this cool night vision stuff on them.

And now there's Lux...

So, as disappointing as it is that they're only making four of them, it shouldn't be surprising, just more of the usual. Which also means after the movie comes out we should expect a bunch of new members joining trying to find "those cool glasses from the new x-men movie"...

Maybe there are more (are there?) but the only movie-branded release I know about are the Blade OTTs, and they were just regular OTTs with a lens etching while the actual props had this cool night vision stuff on them.
Blade II also had a pair of etched Fours, the pair Wesley Snipes wore.

The 3D Gascans were all movies. Tron, Transformers, Tintin, Hobbit. And the Tron Pitboss.

Oakley's been more of a subtle product placement, to the point you wonder if Oakley had anything to do with them being in the movie.

Back