• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

X-Men Radarlock For Cyclops

A little bird told me they will, around the fall

WOW! do let me know just before it is out to the public hihi so that i can complete my cyclops collection again

http://www.oakleyforum.com/index.php?threads/15294/

i got this juliet cyclops with flushed in sideblinders (view my thread) from a guy who claimed himself the propmaker for the movie and he mentioned to me only 3 pairs are produced. i got a pair, one of the forum member here have the 2nd pair (who helped me with the ruby quartz mirrored upgrade) but i'm not sure whereabout is the 3rd pair. i'm still unsure the claimed is true because no COA with it, however the prop quantity (3 pairs) are almost the same with the radarlock (4 pairs). i adored the workmanship though.

i think yours originally came from George Y. he makes a good representation but there are tell tale signs that make it very different that the originals and are clear indicators of his work. so they are not the same from the movies and he probably is not the prop maker for the movies but he may have worked for oakley as a modeller. his first replicas were not great but he has improved greatly over the years. still some major differences. will not say what they are since i do not wish for someone to improve on the replication details since i have one of the originals. there are a lot more than three out there. i know of at three others of the replica floating around when he sold them.

i think yours originally came from George Y. he makes a good representation but there are tell tale signs that make it very different that the originals and are clear indicators of his work. so they are not the same from the movies and he probably is not the prop maker for the movies but he may have worked for oakley as a modeller. his first replicas were not great but he has improved greatly over the years. still some major differences. will not say what they are since i do not wish for someone to improve on the replication details since i have one of the originals. there are a lot more than three out there. i know of at three others of the replica floating around when he sold them.

you got it right for the name of the modeller! and how i wish to have the one like yours. by the way, i got the bulky ones from him as well but in unfinished condition.

I don't know -- I loved all of Cyclops' eyewear throughout the X-Men movies but I found this offering underwhelming. I kind of wish they made a metal radarlock out of titanium and carbon fiber, fully closed up the bottom, made the edge designs much less view-obstructive than the current pattern, and play up different versions of metal finishes on the lock part of the radarlock if I were to tweak the design without scrapping it altogether.

Hi
Just looking for help and to track down some xmen and oakley sunglasses that I like, does anyone know if the Radarlock are white or silver just can’t decide and wondered if someone knows for sure.
I am aware I might get some grief for putting this on an older thread, so will apologise in advance
Thanks

Hi
Just looking for help and to track down some xmen and oakley sunglasses that I like, does anyone know if the Radarlock are white or silver just can’t decide and wondered if someone knows for sure.
I am aware I might get some grief for putting this on an older thread, so will apologise in advance
Thanks

Are you trying to buy? Good luck with that. Try searching the forum.

Start a new thread instead of apologizing lol

Hi
Thanks

Well you will never own these, with only 4 made, and was in the movie and was never available for sale. Good luck on your hunt tho

Back