• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

X Metal Adventure - Update

Which do you guys prefer?

• X Metal Mars?

Votes: 3 17.6%
  • X Metal Mars Crater?

Votes: 14 82.4%

• Total voters

Amak.2DK

Double Down Kings
Hey Everyone,

Here's my story of X Metal came to be...

Back in December, Thailand held a Bike for Dad which is to celebrate the King of Thailand Birthday.

My wife and I decided to attend the event and realized we barely have decent pairs of sunglasses. So the day before, I explain how beautiful X-Metal are and I suggested if we could purchase our first X Metal.
After walking into the O Store in Central world I saw couple of X Metal on display, from XM Penny, Polish Inchiro, 3 Romeo TI/XM/Plasma along with a sign that literally said "Not For Sale".

So then I ask the clerk if they have any for sale and he quickly reply saying they're discontinue for many many years. Yes I'm diffinatly out of the loop here and ended with the Turbine Grey Ink/Ruby on that day.

But during April, we visited the states and the wife surprised me with a birthday gift... It was my first X Metal, the X Squared XM/Ruby. Super shock and I did ask how she found the the pair and she told me her secret. She actually signed up on the Oakleyforum and brought from one of the forum member.

Every since then been addictive to X Metal and got a pair of Juliet (not sure which Gen) from one of the family member. Working on getting the Penny and Mars in Thailand, along with a couple of package from the states.

Thanks for reading you guys!

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

Update: June 24, 2016

I finally was able scoop these two locally, new addition to the family.

Two Metal Vault
image.jpg

X Metal Penny: The original owner mention it has been refinish.
image.jpg

image.jpg

X Metal Mars: Would prefer the Crater, but glad to have one in the collection. Was inform it's the New Old Stock with Mixmatch box.
image.jpg

image.jpg

The group photo:
image.jpg

image.jpg

Last edited:
Very niice congrats
@pjd1234 Thanks!

Congrats on having a great wife.

I'm sorry for you getting into metals. You're going to end up divorced soon :p

@OakleyFrankFMJ Haha, I'm kinda afraid of that situation and in hope she doesn't end up read on this forum. But recently trying to motivate her to wear the X Metal during her extreme sport competition, so let's actually see if it's going to work. ;)