• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

X Metal Box Foam Replacement

DSJ

Oakley Expert
Hi Everyone,

Is there anywhere you can get replacement foam for X-Metal cardboard boxes. I thought i saw someone selling some on ebay a few months ago (when i didn't need any) and now I cant find it.

It does not need to be OEM and considering the way the stuff is breaking up i don't want that :)

Does anyone have any suggestions or sites where I can get decent foam?

Thanks,

DSJ

try joann fabrics or hobby lobby,you can use a sharp knife to create your own insert

I just want someone to make them and sell them 10 at a time ;-)
I'm no good at making things.
I posted a wanted ad on the exchange but no responses. Not surprised though as anyone who has non-sticky box foam at this point, won't be selling!

Good luck OP!

Last edited:
The crazy thing is I posted a buying ad for a Juliet foam insert and had a response in less than 15 minutes! I guess I got lucky!

The crazy thing is I posted a buying ad for a Juliet foam insert and had a response in less than 15 minutes! I guess I got lucky!
With the box or just foam? It's fairly easy to buy boxes, but nobody just sells the old foam inserts. Why would they?!

I got the internal box, not the sleeve. He wouldn't sell just the foam because it was "glued down" to the interior but it wasn't glued at all! I have an empty inner shell for a Juliet box if someone needs it! Lol

I got the internal box, not the sleeve. He wouldn't sell just the foam because it was "glued down" to the interior but it wasn't glued at all! I have an empty inner shell for a Juliet box if someone needs it! Lol
Good luck selling that or even giving it away! That's a very niche market!

Back