• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

X-metal Coins

Jben04

Oakley Enthusiast
Beaufort SC
Just curious what kind of price should i be looking at / expecting to pay for a X-metal Coin. (Juliet), Or are the ebay prices pretty accurate?

I think coins go on average for around $50? More common ones like Juliet, less?

I second that depending on the coin and the generation you are looking for. First gen Juliet coins tend to go anywhere from $30-$50 depending on the day.

Agree. I got a boxed Juliet but the promised (early, thin) coin was missing. Glasses came from the US so rather than the hassle of raising it, I bought a coin here. £18, just under $29.

A good question/thread for those who are not familiar...

Old style (large) Juliet coins are generally the least expensive - If you can't get one off of eBay for $25 or less they pop up here on the forum on occasion for $15 to $20.

The newer (small) Juliet coins seem to go for a few dollars more, along with a box more often than not. [hint]

Then you'll get into the $50 +/- a few $s range for a lot of the old style [large] Romeo, Mars, and Penny coins. I would say less than $40 is a good price on these, less than $30 is a very good deal!

The older XX coins along with the newer XX and Romeo2 coins seem to be going for $100 or more [each] lately.

The X Squared and Half-X coins seem to be somewhere in the middle - sometimes you see them here on the forum for a steal - YM$MV

I suspect that current market cost of the more expensive coins is likely driven by a few determined collectors attempting to complete, or 'round out', their collection - get it... coin... round...:lol:

Considering the cost of the coins always keep your eye out for a box that includes a coin for an extra $10 or $20, and you might just get some extra stuff (paperwork, rubbers, good foam, a bag?) - you can often flip the box if you do not want/need it, or donate it [hint, hint].

Also beware of 'special coins', "RARE", "ULTRA RARE", "SUPER MEGA ULTRA RARE" - you get the point... this is occasionally true but generally not. Make sure your patience is not 'rare' and you will find good deals over time.

Also, there are some coins like the Infinite Hero that may be painted - or not. That is a real thing. If you have any ?'s you're already in the right place for answers.

Finally, remember - "The waiting game" is your friend here! Be patient and don't overpay for a coin, another will come around eventually!

HTH :)

Last edited:

Latest Posts

Back