1. Want to see less ads, private areas and be able to post? Register Today to receive all these benefits and more!
Dismiss Notice

Want to see less ads, post content and the ability to buy & sell Oakleys?

Register Today or Login

1. Jben04

Jben04 Oakley Enthusiast

Just curious what kind of price should i be looking at / expecting to pay for a X-metal Coin. (Juliet), Or are the ebay prices pretty accurate?

Shade Station Oakley Sunglasses

Register to Not see this ad
  2. kronin323

kronin323 Font of Useless Knowledge Premium Member

I think coins go on average for around $50? More common ones like Juliet, less?

3. Oakle y

Oakle y Something Something Darkside Premium Member Lifetime Member

I second that depending on the coin and the generation you are looking for. First gen Juliet coins tend to go anywhere from $30-$50 depending on the day.

4. Carrera1963

Carrera1963 Lover of Juliet Premium Member

Agree. I got a boxed Juliet but the promised (early, thin) coin was missing. Glasses came from the US so rather than the hassle of raising it, I bought a coin here. £18, just under $29.

5. headpatrolman

headpatrolman O Addict

i got my juliet coin on ebay for $12. You can find good deals if you are patient.

6. Jben04

Jben04 Oakley Enthusiast

ill play the waiting game,, if you dont mind me asking was it the newer design or the older coin?

7. MJLSr

MJLSr Oakley Expert

A good question/thread for those who are not familiar...

Old style (large) Juliet coins are generally the least expensive - If you can't get one off of eBay for $25 or less they pop up here on the forum on occasion for $15 to $20.

The newer (small) Juliet coins seem to go for a few dollars more, along with a box more often than not. [hint]

Then you'll get into the $50 +/- a few $s range for a lot of the old style [large] Romeo, Mars, and Penny coins. I would say less than $40 is a good price on these, less than $30 is a very good deal!

The older XX coins along with the newer XX and Romeo2 coins seem to be going for $100 or more [each] lately.

The X Squared and Half-X coins seem to be somewhere in the middle - sometimes you see them here on the forum for a steal - YM$MV

I suspect that current market cost of the more expensive coins is likely driven by a few determined collectors attempting to complete, or 'round out', their collection - get it... coin... round...:lol:

Considering the cost of the coins always keep your eye out for a box that includes a coin for an extra $10 or $20, and you might just get some extra stuff (paperwork, rubbers, good foam, a bag?) - you can often flip the box if you do not want/need it, or donate it [hint, hint].

Also beware of 'special coins', "RARE", "ULTRA RARE", "SUPER MEGA ULTRA RARE" - you get the point... this is occasionally true but generally not. Make sure your patience is not 'rare' and you will find good deals over time.

Also, there are some coins like the Infinite Hero that may be painted - or not. That is a real thing. If you have any ?'s you're already in the right place for answers.

Finally, remember - "The waiting game" is your friend here! Be patient and don't overpay for a coin, another will come around eventually!

HTH :)

Last edited: 10/20/14
    kronin323 likes this.
  8. Jben04

Jben04 Oakley Enthusiast

Great ,thanks for the insight... some of the prices on the bay are pretty crazy,,

9. kronin323

kronin323 Font of Useless Knowledge Premium Member

Don't forget about @qtrain23's forum coins... :D Are you still making them?

10. qtrain23

qtrain23 3D Printing Protege

I can yea.