• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

X Metal Ear Socks Sticky

Azzkikr

Oakley Beginner
X Metal Ear Socks Sticky

What could be the problem gents and ladies, my earsocks on my X Metal XX has been kept in the HDO bag and inside the hard case eversince but the earsocks became sticky. What solution to augment this

Usually I can clean up the "mung" on the rubber pieces with purell.but if it's just plain deterioration.....Get a new set.

They are working as intended. They are designed to absorb sweat and get sticky to hold on to your head. If you don't clean them properly, or just over an extended time, they do wear out.

Some people, myself included, have had success boiling the rubbers to get rid of the funk. Just remember to use a pot you don't want to eat out of again and only do it if it's your own rubbers. You don't want someone else's DNA floating around your kitchen do you?

They are working as intended. They are designed to absorb sweat and get sticky to hold on to your head. If you don't clean them properly, or just over an extended time, they do wear out.

Some people, myself included, have had success boiling the rubbers to get rid of the funk. Just remember to use a pot you don't want to eat out of again and only do it if it's your own rubbers. You don't want someone else's DNA floating around your kitchen do you?
Nothing worse than someone else's DNA floating around in your kitchen :D

Thanks i think i will try the boiling one, i always wash my xmetal with light soap and running water after say 2-3 days of use

So good!! Just borrow your neighbours saucepan. Tell them you'll oil it for free!!!!

Back