• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

X Metal EXPERTS Needed On Juliets!

CrazyALee

I should Work at Oakley
CA, USA
Hello Oakley lovers. I had some questions on some juliets. Do the newer models have NO serial numbers/markings on them whatsoever? I'm NOT talking about the e.g. J###### on earlier models, but the sku # as well e.g. 04-152 would be stamped/etched on the inner arms..

Also, do some juliet models have the tip of the earstems touching the outside orbitals (the frames) when the glasses are fully closed (arms folded)?
What would cause this to happen? Is each arm sanded down by hand? And some of the stubs that supposedly stop the stem before touching the frame are sanded down too much? I hope I'm making sense lol..

Please help, thank you.

There's nothing to keep the earstems from touching the orbitals, this is common. And yes, some frames don't have the SKU...not sure why. I'm assuming you're asking in an attempt to discern authenticity?

A few of mine touch the orbitals when they close fully, I don't know what causes it but it isn't uncommon. And as far as sku number's, there are no markings on the frames except for serial's if they are of that older generation. Do you have a pair that you think are questionable?

yes I asking to check authenticity of the glasses.. Thanks for your response.

Its strange though because I have a mars crater, and another pair of juliets (older version of serial J######) and both the mars and juliets arm's stop ...the tip of the earstems do NOT touch the orbitals at all. Even if you kind of put extra force...you cant close the arms any further past a certain point...

My Romeo was the same way. It stopped perfectly at a certain point but all of the Juliet's that I have will touch the orbital if pushed too hard. Some stop just before it and some do not. Post pics and we'll be able to verify for sure but that shouldn't be a concern of authenticity.

Hey CrazyA, like the others have said some of my earstems touch the orbitals. Post pics if the pair you are looking at is questionable :)

I was just working on the pics, here they are. I circled or drew things in red. Please read each point I want to note for each picture carefully. Thanks again guys.

In this first pic, you can clearly see circled on right, the tip of earstem is touching frame, while left is not (the left is pushed to point where it can NOT push anymore so its fully "closed" for that earstem)
DSC05443.jpg

Here is pic of the "fine/okay/perfect" earstem...its FULLY CLOSED..wont push any further!!
DSC05444.jpg

Here is the TOUCHING one (other earstem)
DSC05446.jpg

I thought this was the "stopping mechanism" where the top would touch the bottom when you fold the earstem ??
DSC05445.jpg

Now onto authenticity....these are real juliets im pretty sure? It has gaskets, T6 screws, the bolts are real rivets in the flex coupler/nosebridge thing....
DSC05447.jpg

DSC05449.jpg

DSC05450.jpg

Lastly no sku NOR a serial number (i dont expect serial number since it came with the newer juliet coin in the box)..its the newer version for sure, but no sku number.....
DSC05451.jpg

Back