1. Want to see less ads, private areas and be able to post? Register Today to receive all these benefits and more!
Dismiss Notice

Want to see less ads, post content and the ability to buy & sell Oakleys?

Register Today or Login

1. oakman1992

oakman1992 Oakley Enthusiast

Hey guys I'm looking to get my feet wet and buy and x-metal frame but I'm debating on what design would be the best for me. I've never seen any in person and know of nowhere that I could try these on or anyone who has them to let me try on. All I currently have is O-matter frames I know it's comparing apples to oranges but could anyone tell me what frame has lenses that would compare well with fuel cell lenses and tightness of the head the fuel cell is probably one of the best fitting frames I know for me maybe the style switch as well any info would help just don't want to blindly spend hundreds and not know what I'm getting into. Thanks for all the info fellas.

Shade Station Oakley Sunglasses

Register to Not see this ad
  2. canda2002

canda2002 Oakley Enthusiast

I would say x-squared.

3. kronin323

kronin323 Font of Useless Knowledge Premium Member

If you buy a pair and they don't work out for you, you can always sell them again in the exchange section.

4. Ecko

Ecko Team RamRod Staff Member Premium Member

I wear the fuel cell the most out of all my pairs. I would say the XS fits well. R2 fits me best and I have not tried a R1. Juliet fits to a degree. It feels a bit small and tight, also does not feel that it covers enough of my eyes.

5. sterzam

sterzam Oakley Beginner

The Xsquared is great. A bit in the middle size-wise.
    The XX is for big heads.
    The juliet has small lenses and even though it may fit your head, maybe you dont have enough coverage.

6. Sundalo

Sundalo Oakley Expert

X squared is almost the same size as xmetal XX
    X-metal Fitment ? - 13562867375_29b3700170_o.jpg
    X-metal Fitment ? - 13563300634_f43475c23d_o.jpg
    X-metal Fitment ? - 13562938385_72ac61115b_o.jpg
    X-metal Fitment ? - 13563295934_5294bc6ded_o.jpg
    X-metal Fitment ? - 13562942255_d18f14efe0_o.jpg
    L-R: Pit Bull vs. Jupiter Squared vs. XSquared
    X-metal Fitment ? - 13563070715_bae5c98736_o.jpg
    X-metal Fitment ? - 13563141183_860ec2e515_o.jpg

DG85, Vrexx and sterzam like this.
  7. oakman1992

Thanks for all the great responses guys I think I'll try to get myself an xx or xs. This will most likely be a purchase after my vaca as I'm saving for all the vaults I'll be hitting on my way to Florida and in Florida.

8. oakman1992

What color frame is that x-squared as I'm a big noob on metals I'm guessing carbon maybe?

9. pistolpetefan23

pistolpetefan23 Oakley Expert Premium Member

How does the width of Juliet and X-Squared or XX compare? I guess I'm looking specifically for the width of the earstems. I've had a Juliet before, and while it wasn't too bad on my big head once I got it on, the rigidity of the X-Metal made getting them on difficult. They kind of dug into my head while sliding them on, and I was afraid I'd break them if I kept doing it over and over.

10. sterzam

sterzam Oakley Beginner

The Xsquared is tighter, but will loosen a bit as time goes by. If it gets too loose, you maybe able to tighten the nose screws.
    The XX has longer ear stems, maybe a better fit and if the bit over the nose fails, you 'll have to do some work to fix it, or send it to X-Man.