• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

X-metal Fitment ?

What color frame is that x-squared as I'm a big noob on metals I'm guessing carbon maybe?
X metal finish w/ ruby iridium lens. Carbon is black
How does the width of Juliet and X-Squared or XX compare? I guess I'm looking specifically for the width of the earstems. I've had a Juliet before, and while it wasn't too bad on my big head once I got it on, the rigidity of the X-Metal made getting them on difficult. They kind of dug into my head while sliding them on, and I was afraid I'd break them if I kept doing it over and over.
X squared is wider due to the shorter earstem and better temple shox rubber. Juliet and xx are the same width only difference is theorbital height(XX will almost touch you cheek). I'll take a picture tomorrow.
edit: X Squared(bottom) vs XX (top). Both are xmetal finish.
13584854244_b73d639e5e_o.jpg

Last edited:
When will you be in Florida? What part are you planning on visiting?

I will b leaving from Minnesota on May 18 and plan on being there may 20-27 I'm gunna hit up the Nashville outlet, Jackson ville and then I'll stay in daytona and swing over to Orlando a few times to. Should be a good time.

Thanks for the comparson. This answers my burning question as to what would most likely fit my big melon.

I think a lot of it is what we get used to. I've been a Juliet/XX wearer for years and you really do notice the difference when you pick out any other style. I took an XS away for a 4 day break a few weeks ago and after about a day and a half it just became the norm. The XS does feel tighter than an XX but has a very similar coverage and if you're used to the square O's (O matter), then these could well be for you. The nose bridge having very little flex also adds to this feel when putting them on and they really do grip well. They also feel heavier in the hand which throws us old school types! I can wear a fuel cell no problem, so XX or XS would surely suit yourself. I also actually like the short arm on XS as its is a very cool design and has easily enough reach to be comfortable. It doesn't do for everything to be the same and imho, the juliet/standard arm is slightly too long, but like I said, it's just what we're all used to. Good luck with the hunt!

Back