• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

X Metal Gold

• Thread starter nightpusher1
  • Start date
N

nightpusher1

I was fortunate to aquire a pair of Juliet x-metal/gold iridium(complete) very early on ,it occurred to me recently that I have not seen a pair of these sold since but have seen various numbers of the so called rarer pairs bought and sold, so have I just missed them or are these one of the rarer colourways,and does any one else have a pair?

Thanks in advance

Last edited by a moderator:
I have a complete perfect pair of the 04-112 Juliet with matching serial, and estimate this to be in the top 5 hardest to find production release X Metals, in fact, mine is the only one I can recall seeing on ebay, and can only think of maybe one or two other collectors who have it. It does not appear to have been a specific limited issue or exclusive, but it seems something must have happened during it's short life to make it the super rarity it has become.

Thanks for the feed back guys, judging by what RVF says I lucked out,I got mine off ebay about 3 years back,they were pretty dear at the time but are NIB and serial matched,just goes to show you should grab what you can when the opportunity arises.

RVF what do you consider to be the othe 4 of the top 5.

Thanks for the feed back guys, judging by what RVF says I lucked out,I got mine off ebay about 3 years back,they were pretty dear at the time but are NIB and serial matched,just goes to show you should grab what you can when the opportunity arises.

RVF what do you consider to be the othe 4 of the top 5.

I think the 5 hardest to find (but not necessarily the most valuable) production release X Metals would be:

5. Juliet - Plasma - Ti Clear 12-623
=. Juliet - Polished - Ti Clear 12-624
3. Juliet - X Metal - Gold 04-112
2. Juliet - Carbon - Ruby 24-088
1. Mars - X Metal - Emerald 04-106

Cant say I have ever heard of a carbon/ruby Juliet and cant find any reference to it on o-review ,could you elaborate please.

I have a JG with serial match box.

Cant say I have ever heard of a carbon/ruby Juliet and cant find any reference to it on o-review ,could you elaborate please.

This was one of the later releases around 2009/2010 thus had no serial number, and although it was an exclusive to Brazil the only retailer I am aware of that had stock of it were the Nilson Joias jewellers. I had a couple of contacts in Brazil looking for a pair for me but they were unable to locate it, and to this day I cannot name any collector that has it. It is one of just 3 X Metals I still need to complete the official release set of 70 pieces.

Back