1. Want to see less ads, private areas and be able to post? Register Today to receive all these benefits and more!
Dismiss Notice

Want to see less ads, post content and the ability to buy & sell Oakleys?

Register Today or Login

1. nightpusher1

nightpusher1 Guest

I was fortunate to aquire a pair of Juliet x-metal/gold iridium(complete) very early on ,it occurred to me recently that I have not seen a pair of these sold since but have seen various numbers of the so called rarer pairs bought and sold, so have I just missed them or are these one of the rarer colourways,and does any one else have a pair?

Thanks in advance

Last edited by a moderator: 6/3/14
    Shade Station Oakley Sunglasses

Register to Not see this ad
  2. Romeo Van Frogskinstein

Romeo Van Frogskinstein Oakley Enthusiast

I have a complete perfect pair of the 04-112 Juliet with matching serial, and estimate this to be in the top 5 hardest to find production release X Metals, in fact, mine is the only one I can recall seeing on ebay, and can only think of maybe one or two other collectors who have it. It does not appear to have been a specific limited issue or exclusive, but it seems something must have happened during it's short life to make it the super rarity it has become.

3. reggavegga

reggavegga Oakley Expert

I think I have a complete box and coin for that model it says gold iridium on it.

X Metal Gold - P1091677_zpsac7ee6bc.jpg

4. tavers

tavers Oakley Expert

My first pair of X-Metal was in this colorway. I got it from SGH here in Brisbane. Sadly the box didn't match. Awesome combo.

5. nightpusher1

nightpusher1 Guest

Thanks for the feed back guys, judging by what RVF says I lucked out,I got mine off ebay about 3 years back,they were pretty dear at the time but are NIB and serial matched,just goes to show you should grab what you can when the opportunity arises.

RVF what do you consider to be the othe 4 of the top 5.

6. Romeo Van Frogskinstein

I think the 5 hardest to find (but not necessarily the most valuable) production release X Metals would be:

5. Juliet - Plasma - Ti Clear 12-623
    =. Juliet - Polished - Ti Clear 12-624
    3. Juliet - X Metal - Gold 04-112
    2. Juliet - Carbon - Ruby 24-088
    1. Mars - X Metal - Emerald 04-106

7. nightpusher1

nightpusher1 Guest

Cant say I have ever heard of a carbon/ruby Juliet and cant find any reference to it on o-review ,could you elaborate please.

8. OakleyFrankFMJ

OakleyFrankFMJ The Legend - - Vlad the Impaler Premium Member Lifetime Member

Brazil exclusive if I remember correctly.

9. CarGuy

CarGuy Oakley Expert Premium Member Lifetime Member

I have a JG with serial match box.

10. Romeo Van Frogskinstein

This was one of the later releases around 2009/2010 thus had no serial number, and although it was an exclusive to Brazil the only retailer I am aware of that had stock of it were the Nilson Joias jewellers. I had a couple of contacts in Brazil looking for a pair for me but they were unable to locate it, and to this day I cannot name any collector that has it. It is one of just 3 X Metals I still need to complete the official release set of 70 pieces.

Brett28, David F and IUSTEVE like this.