• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

X Metal Gold

• Thread starter nightpusher1
  • Start date
Really apreciate the information guys, and Car guy I am surprised you only have one,you seem to have two or more of most everything else.:tongue:

I think the 5 hardest to find (but not necessarily the most valuable) production release X Metals would be:

5. Juliet - Plasma - Ti Clear 12-623
=. Juliet - Polished - Ti Clear 12-624
3. Juliet - X Metal - Gold 04-112
2. Juliet - Carbon - Ruby 24-088
1. Mars - X Metal - Emerald 04-106

Hi RVF,

Interesting ranking. For some reason i seem to find plasma ti clear much more common than polished ti clear. Would like to hear from you if we include the limited editions including MJ romeo, ichiros and first gen rubies etc. What would your top 5 hardest to get look like?

Also very curious about carbon ruby juliets. Have you ever seen a picture of the real deal?

TY

Hi RVF,

Interesting ranking. For some reason i seem to find plasma ti clear much more common than polished ti clear. Would like to hear from you if we include the limited editions including MJ romeo, ichiros and first gen rubies etc. What would your top 5 hardest to get look like?

Also very curious about carbon ruby juliets. Have you ever seen a picture of the real deal?

TY

Plasma - Ti Clear and Polished - Ti Clear were each issued in a quantity of 2000 serial numbered pairs as Japanese exclusives (hence I ranked them equally difficult to find) with very few making their way out of that country, also consider the barrier purchasing anything directly from Japan (shops/internet/Oakley/ebay etc) plus how old these are means finding complete new condition pairs now is not far off impossible. In my experience the pieces you mention like the Jordan Romeo, the 6 Ichiro Juliets, and the 1st generation Ruby Juliet all have surfaced on many more occasions than the few I listed as the hardest to find. The Carbon - Ruby I have only seen a true picture of on the Nilson Joias site during the time they were available. It is worth reiterating that the 'hardest to find' examples of something can be very different to the 'most valuable/sought after/collectable' items.

The purple Juliet.. 3 in existence......

All 3 together at RED......

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1401763615.991272.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1401763634.362292.jpg

View attachment 86602

Plasma - Ti Clear and Polished - Ti Clear were each issued in a quantity of 2000 serial numbered pairs as Japanese exclusives (hence I ranked them equally difficult to find) with very few making their way out of that country, also consider the barrier purchasing anything directly from Japan (shops/internet/Oakley/ebay etc) plus how old these are means finding complete new condition pairs now is not far off impossible. In my experience the pieces you mention like the Jordan Romeo, the 6 Ichiro Juliets, and the 1st generation Ruby Juliet all have surfaced on many more occasions than the few I listed as the hardest to find. The Carbon - Ruby I have only seen a true picture of on the Nilson Joias site during the time they were available. It is worth reiterating that the 'hardest to find' examples of something can be very different to the 'most valuable/sought after/collectable' items.

RVF...... Not to run off topic but I have to disagree on the TI Clear release numbers of 2000 only because my Plasma/TI Clear pair carries a serial of 2440.......

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1401796928.252505.jpg

Last edited:
RVF...... Not to run off topic but I have to disagree on the TI Clear release numbers of 2000 only because my Plasma/TI Clear pair carries a serial of 2440.......

View attachment 86640

Thank you Dyeraudio for this information, I had for some years believed only 2000 were produced but this confirms at least the Plasma pair had a higher quantity. It is always good to learn more so I accept I made a mistake in my earlier post.

Latest Posts

Back