• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

X Metal Gold

• Thread starter nightpusher1
  • Start date
Thank you Dyeraudio for this information, I had for some years believed only 2000 were produced but this confirms at least the Plasma pair had a higher quantity. It is always good to learn more so I accept I made a mistake in my earlier post.

Not possible! The legendary RVF doesn't make mistakes, must of been a senior moment haha!

In all seriousness some incredible information here, thank you all for sharing!!!

Members please know I did not make this post to "show him up" in any way about his extensive knowledge. I too was always under the impression the number was 2000 until I received these. We all know how informative RVF is about O items.

I can only speak for Juliets but I would have to say the following rarity based purely off of print numbers, not numbers remaining in the market now. Below is more off my years of following juliets and keeping close eyes on serials so I may be wrong. Let me know your thoughts.

10. Ichiro Juliet Polished / Slate SERIAL (I think once it hit around 3000 the takeover from lux happened and they were printed without serials which would put it close to the Plasma Ti).
9. Plasma / Titanium (3000ish?)
8. Polished / Titanium (2000ish?)
7. Ichiro Polished Carbon / Slate (circa 1500 made)
6. Corvette Juliet (circa 1200 made I think but cant confirm, has anyone seen a higher number on the serial?)
5. Ichiro Xmetal/Slate WBC (circa 1000 I think?)
4. 24k Juliet / Titanium (750 made)
3. Brown Juliet/ VR (under 600 made? Havent seen a higher serial number).
2. Ichiro Juliet Polished/Emerald Slate SERIAL print (only a handful of these hit the market due before lux mass printed them without serials)
1. Ichiro Juliet Carbon/Blue Ichiro (have never seen a serial number higher than 350 and have seen only 1 on eBay (for $3500 wtf) in the last year of religously checking. Plenty of custom jobs but not the real deal).

just a note the polished ichiro juliets happened way before lux entered the picture.

as for the corvette juliet i am assuming you are referring to the carbon/24k iridium pair rather than the etched Ruby version since your list is production pairs. if so there are pairs of that go into the mid 2000 serial range. it is also one of the few pairs that went from a six digit numerical serial down do four digits by the end of its run.

i would agree the carbon ichiro with serial is the toughest (out of your list) to find especially complete with box.

I can only speak for Juliets but I would have to say the following rarity based purely off of print numbers, not numbers remaining in the market now. Below is more off my years of following juliets and keeping close eyes on serials so I may be wrong. Let me know your thoughts.

10. Ichiro Juliet Polished / Slate SERIAL (I think once it hit around 3000 the takeover from lux happened and they were printed without serials which would put it close to the Plasma Ti).
6. Corvette Juliet (circa 1200 made I think but cant confirm, has anyone seen a higher number on the serial?)
2. Ichiro Juliet Polished/Emerald Slate SERIAL print (only a handful of these hit the market due before lux mass printed them without serials)
1. Ichiro Juliet Carbon/Blue Ichiro (have never seen a serial number higher than 350 and have seen only 1 on eBay (for $3500 wtf) in the last year of religously checking. Plenty of custom jobs but not the real deal).

:( I only have one of your top 10 list.

Plasma - Titanium and Polished - Titanium were not produced as official releases, (maybe you mean Ti Clear as that lens was paired with both Plasma and Polished). Polished Carbon - Slate 24-035 quantity is 1200. X Metal - Slate 12-726 quantity of 1000 is correct. Brown - VR28 Black 04-129 was withdrawn within a heartbeat of release, true and exact quantity of existing pairs will be impossible to determine. Carbon - Blue 12-676 was recalled almost immediately.

just a note the polished ichiro juliets happened way before lux entered the picture.

as for the corvette juliet i am assuming you are referring to the carbon/24k iridium pair rather than the etched Ruby version since your list is production pairs. if so there are pairs of that go into the mid 2000 serial range. it is also one of the few pairs that went from a six digit numerical serial down do four digits by the end of its run.

i would agree the carbon ichiro with serial is the toughest (out of your list) to find especially complete with box.

Yeh but the polished/slate ichiros only got to about 3000 I think by the time lux took over leaving the rest unserialed. I havent seen a pair above 3200 from memory.

I do mean carbon/24k yes. Thanks for clearing that up as I had only seen as high as the 1200 before.

Plasma - Titanium and Polished - Titanium were not produced as official releases, (maybe you mean Ti Clear as that lens was paired with both Plasma and Polished). Polished Carbon - Slate 24-035 quantity is 1200. X Metal - Slate 12-726 quantity of 1000 is correct. Brown - VR28 Black 04-129 was withdrawn within a heartbeat of release, true and exact quantity of existing pairs will be impossible to determine. Carbon - Blue 12-676 was recalled almost immediately.

Yup I mean Ti-Clear.

The polished carbon/slate I have is numbered 1227 so im not exactly sure where they stopped, anyone seen higher than that?

Do you have a pair RVF? Don't think I've ever seen a pair and I know the pic on O Review is incorrect (Polished Hammerstem Carbon is pictured)

I was thinking of making a 'Clone' pair.
uploadfromtaptalk1402439953328.jpg

Back