• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

X Metal Gold

• Thread starter nightpusher1
  • Start date
I just realized I completely forgot the carbon finito's. Anyonw have an idea on those for production numbers?

Yeh but the polished/slate ichiros only got to about 3000 I think by the time lux took over leaving the rest unserialed.

hmmm...i do not think that is correct - that lux produced non serialed ichiro pairs of the polished/slate-based on when the lux deal was announced and even later when the merger was approved and lux actually took over of operations (which would have been about 2008). the polished/slate model was long gone by the time lux came into the picture so they would not have been involved with non serialization or even production of the model. i do not even remember if the polished/emerald slate ichiro juliet was available in the summer of 2007. but even so i bought a polished/emerald slate ichiro juliet from oakley directly in 2006 and it came without serials (oakley discontinued the widespread practice in late 2004/early 2005). so there were non serial ichiro pairs a year before the lux announcement.

Brown - VR28 Black 04-129 was withdrawn within a heartbeat of release, true and exact quantity of existing pairs will be impossible to determine.

the brown Juliet was on oakley.com for at least a couple months in the fall and winter of 2005. that is how long i hummed and hawed over it before making the purchase.

@TOWSNBN ah I see good point with Lux. I always presumed that the takeover was why they stopped serials. So I guess Oakley made roughly 3000 polished/slate before stopping serial production and only a small amount of the polished/emerald slate serialed before stopping serials.

Regardless though if we discredit the lux thing, I think the serialed variety of both the polished/slate and polished/emerald slate are close to accurate as Oakley stopping serials falls directly ontop of when those 2 ichiros were being made.

Thoughts?

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1402455478416.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1402455478416.jpg
    47.8 KB · Views: 234

Latest Posts

Back