• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

X-Metal history and days to come *a bit gloomy but inevitable*

Linegear Japan

X-Metal Professional
Platinum Forum Sponsor
Premium Member
Lifetime Sponsor
Japan
Hi all,

Just a normal interest question.

How long will these philosophical frame last? How will you use it in one year? What kind of lenses and rubbers you can think of?

History (according to Oakley website, which unfortunately removed as of 2017):
Romeo 1.0 (1997) by now it is 18 years old
Mars (1998), 17 years old
Juliet & XX, (1999), 16 years old
Penny (2001), 14 years old
Romeo 2.0 (2004), 10 years old
X-Squared (2009), 6 years old, the youngest

You know, LINEGEAR is committed to stay with all of you and the generation to come ;)

"LINEGEAR Revive Your X-Metal"

Oakley X-Metal frames and its meaning.png

Last edited:
How long will these philosophical frame last?
Beyond our lifetimes if properly cared for... 100 years or more?

How will you use it in one year?
I am not sure what you are asking but I generally like to use them by wearing them, some daily/weekly, others once very month or two.

What kind of lenses and rubbers you can think of?
I am an OEM guy so I am not a lot of help to you here. One colorway in demand for those who use aftermarket items are the Infinite Hero purple rubbers. This is a different shade of purple than the current Linegear offering. I think that would sell. Also Half-X earsocks would probably be a reasonable future item for your consideration.

Thank you for supporting our community.

:)

They will last for a lifetine.

I use all my frames alternately.

We want romeo 2 and half x rubbers. Preferably black and red to begin with.

A darker shade of the blue rubbers and the option to choose your own color for the complete set of rubbers, for example a complete set of juliet rubbers with red earstems, blue t shox, yellow nosepads and white orbital gasket. Just a thought. :cool-20:

Ive got a project going on tanzinite (violet if using OEM) lenses and green rubber set but I cant make up my mind on painting the frame black or leaving it grey. Most likely using a XS.

Back