• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

X metal imperfections

Arron1980

Oakley Enthusiast
England
Hi all, I've got an XX 24k in new condition that has a few small Pitted holes on the orbital. I know these are inherent to the casting process so I was just wandering, would they be seen as something desirable for collectors or would it put people off? I for one think they add a certain industrial feel to them as you appreciate how they were made

I have 2x 24K XX and both have some casing marks.
Some see imperfections while others see unique pieces.
They are kind of like snowflakes - it depends on if you like snow?
:)

Personally I don't mind the casting idiosyncrasies. They reinforce the fact that these really are metal.

I think it comes down to personal preference. I don't see them as anything that will hurt the value, just add uniqueness to the frame and help give them character. I wouldn't pay more/less for minor casting marks in the frame.

Though the first gen bone finish is a beauty, i cannot compromise the lens fitting issues on these first gens compared to the later models

I personally own an xs with casting marks, they all have them in some form or another.